Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You lost a Loyal Customer!

You lost a Loyal Customer!

Today Wanstalls has lost a very loyal Customer due to poor Management. I have been a 100% loyal Customer Since 2005...long before the the Current Manager Even worked at the establishment. To this date I have done 10's of thousands of dollars of deals..via trade in, or purchase. Deals the Current "Manager isnt even aware of"...the good old days when the Owner worked the counter. I won't name names. 3 things have made my decision to shop elsewhere. I will explain for clarification and awareness. First situation.... I ordered Mossberg 590Al SPX online. Ordered this particular model as I was interested in the barrel porting. Not the fact it came with a Ontario Knife Company M9 Bayonet. It showed up un-ported. No worries I returned it and put the funds towards a BCL102 FDE they had in stock. Now the Manager knows I'm very OCD about display firearms and wanted to give me full disclosure about this gun being at the Penticton Gun show...." He said though it wasn't on the floor, but strapped to the display wall and wasn't touched. I told him no worries as I have bought a bunch of firearms online in the past 6 months and they have been questionable. I inspected the rifle and yes was ok, except for a few scratches on barrel....luckey I have Birchwood Casey touch up pens. What I'm getting at is I went on their Facebook page and they have pictures where you can look all around. There I spotted the fact that my firearm was not attached to their wall and in fact was on the floor for everyone to handle. Do I care about that? No. I care about the fact that he blatantly lied to my face that was Strike 2. The third strike is I bought a Trijicon mro Patrol 2 from a used gun collection sale they're having. There were two Trijicon mro Patrol 2 for sale one had the flip up caps the other had nothing. A person on CGN asked if both came with the flip caps as only one was showing with the caps. They got back and said they come as is. I placed my order before they were sold. I made sure I got the model with the flip up caps. Even took a screenshot for proof SKU USED-B011. Optic showed up on Friday. Picked up from post office on Saturday. What do you know the optic I got didn't have a flip up caps. I took a screenshot so I had the product number for proof. The optic had a sticker on it with product number that was supposed to have the flip up caps. Lo and behold there is no flip up caps. To say the least I was pissed. I had a hunch this was going to happen. They obviously tried to pull a fast one and give the optic that had the caps to the customer that asked if they came with it and stuck the sticker on the optic that didnt have it a passed it off to me. I said this to the manager and he was less than pleased. His exact words were "how long have you been shopping here." "I said since 2005." He said then "you should choose your words more wisely." Really? Look at the evidence. Give your head a shake. I heard you Mumble under your breath "f****** idiots." Yes you f***** up!!!And you got caught. Maybe you should choose your words more wisely! Because I will be sure to pass the word on. You guys haven't gotten very good exposure in the last year! I can name a few examples if you like. M10X pre-order? Anyhow I'm sure I'm going to get flamed from people that love the business. I fully expect that. I myself have been a Loyal customer to the business since 2005. But these last few transactions in the last month are irreparable. I will say that I am pleased they gave me a full refund. I appreciate that. Why I am posting this is the fact that the manager said "I should choose my words more wisely." Are you serious? I should choose my words more wisely when I have undeniable proof that you guys were pulling a fast one? One thing I forgot to mention that I might as well that is important. The optic showed in a oversized box. Optic was supposed to be wrapped in bubble wrap from by the looks of it, but they couldn't even be bothered to use tape to secure the bubble wrap to the optic . Instead the bubble wrap was loose in the box and the optic was rattling around Inside the Box. For $700.20 taxes in I expected more. I guess you guys don't give a s*** about the bottom line take care. I will not respond to any criticism...Take it as you will. What I have posted is all to the "T". I can provide screen shots to anyone the doubts what I say.
    Last edited by Gunner84; 08-19-2018 at 02:15 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    paragraphing would be nice and easier to read this post...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Lol yup paragraphs work wonders.

Luckily there are many other gun stores to spend your dollars, thats what Ive done.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    Gunner84 - it's Not to late to fix your post

Well spoken!

am usually on the sidelines when it comes to site sponsors when something like this gets posted I will not even entertain the idea of purchasing anything from them - after all your customers are your best form of advertising

I'm not sure what the big deal is:
    Issue 1: seems to have been fixed to your satisfaction.
    Issue 2: lots of guns go to a gun show. Maybe it was an honest mistake, maybe it wasn't. Either way you inspected the gun and were happy with it.
    Issue 3: that shouldn't have happened but did they fix it?

It seems like you may have a personality conflict with the manager. Maybe when there is an issue you should go to the owner who has treated you so well in the past.

Super Moderator
    Wanstalls probably isn't open this time of day, so they can reopen this thread at a later time.

Expried Business Member
    Hi Scott

First I hope you understand that all of our online orders are done through a completely different location. So when coming into the store with issues regarding an online purchase I am completely in the dark. I don’t have orders IDs, invoices, SKU’s or anything and I have to work from your issue’s backwards to resolve matters instead of having everything at my finger tips.

Regarding your first complaint about the 590 SPX. We did in fact exchange your firearm in full and give you another gun. The gun you recieved was exactly what you where told it was, we had multiple BCLs at the show and yours was not on display. If you are unhappy with your gun then you can feel free to bring it back for a full refund or an exchange as we have just recieved a few more.

Now onto yesterday’s visit. You came into the shop and up to me at the counter saying we sent you the wrong item and announced “I knew you would screw me over”, not someone made a mistake or that you recieved the wrong item. which is when I asked you how long you’ve been shopping with us. I then reminded you that in the 13 years we have never “screwed” you or anyone and that perhaps you should choose your words better as in someone making a mistake is not “screwing you”. You then felt it appropriate to insult my shipper and his ability to do his job as he was standing behind the counter. After all this I refunded you in full without delay and you went on your way. Lastley the only mumbling that was happening was me trying to refund an online order through our retail terminal without my book keeper loosing it.

I will have a conversation with the online team and see if we can avoid mistakes like these in the future.

Lastly if you come in to the shop fuming mad and insult the company and it’s employees over an honest mistake you will always be met with curt but fair customer service. The owners of the company and the staff work very hard to provide excellent product and the best service. Abuse/ derogatory statements without basis towards staff or the company will not be tolerated.

-Matt
    Shop Manager
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 08-19-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Why do people continually think that if they've done past business with a company, that company OWES them something? They owe you what you purchased in the past, NOTHING more. Period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast