Thread: Can you tell me more about the Cadex R7 comp

Can you tell me more about the Cadex R7 comp

Hello.

I was just browsing through web and a retailer's ad on Cadex R7 competition caught my eyes.

I know Cadex's are nice top notch high quality stuff, and expensive. I clicked on it, and to my surprise, it was priced quite alright, perhaps the most inexpensive one if I'm not mistaken.

What's the story about this new R7 model. Description says it's specifically made for long range competition; but anything "competition" in my book cost big dollars. I'm a total newbie on the long range game. All I have done and do are IPSC and 3-gun type of competitions, and I haven't really shot past 400 yards. However, I have been wanting to get a nice long range bolt action for some time(just for the sake of having it). So what does the R7 have that Patriot or Guardian don't have and vice versa? Why is it priced "cheaper"?

One thing I've noticed looking around is to make sure it's the whole kit and kaboodle.
    Sometimes the reason something is a good deal cheaper is because it doesn't have certain components. IE barrelled action, it might be just the chassis and need a Remmy or similar action to go in.

Just my $0.02

After reading more. I guess I have found what I wanted to know. Thanks. Now it'd be nice to see one in person

Quote Originally Posted by Salmoncan View Post
    Hello.

I was just browsing through web and a retailer's ad on Cadex R7 competition caught my eyes.

I know Cadex's are nice top notch high quality stuff, and expensive. I clicked on it, and to my surprise, it was priced quite alright, perhaps the most inexpensive one if I'm not mistaken.

What's the story about this new R7 model. Description says it's specifically made for long range competition; but anything "competition" in my book cost big dollars. I'm a total newbie on the long range game. All I have done and do are IPSC and 3-gun type of competitions, and I haven't really shot past 400 yards. However, I have been wanting to get a nice long range bolt action for some time(just for the sake of having it). So what does the R7 have that Patriot or Guardian don't have and vice versa? Why is it priced "cheaper"?
    Hello Sir

Thanks for your interest towards our rifle.

The R7 Competition Series is at a price point that should make sense to anybody that is looking at building a custom rifle. The R7 is a cheaper model because it uses a Rem style action and replicates the same dimensions. Less material on these actions and easier to manufacture design equal price reduction. People think that we are expensive but once you make the calculation properly and completely of what is involved in a complete build from gunsmith to all parts, you realize very fast that you can barely make if yourself for the price that we can offer. The true benefit of a custom build is the one of a kind factor that a manufacturer cannot match since we must produce in lots.

THere's no doubt in my mind that if you compare apple for apple you will be amazed by the quality of material that we use from the barrel to the action and unless you are looking for something very special like a wildcat caliber, special color or special barrel twist, then we offer something that a dealer can sell yo you at a very aggressive price.

Thanks in advance for choosing Cadex.
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com