Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey Ghost In Stock

Uber Super GunNutz
    Yes, I’ll talk to Simon - more about the experience than the shotgun though. I believe in providing feedback to the vendors I use. I’d have thought that feedback from someone who actually laid out the cash for one of your guns would be of some importance to you. I didn’t say the gun was worse than an 870 police, I didn’t say I don’t like the gun, I didn’t say that I don’t believe there was some great work on the gun. I just said it sucks to buy something that’s advertised as one thing and is actually something different. I was thinking I might get a “sorry man, our mistake but we can assure you that what you have is just as good as a police model that had gone through the same process. Is there anything we can do for you?”. I didn’t expect someone telling me how lucky I was that you saved me money and then proceed to tell me how the gun is better than a 870 police. It’s your business though so of course you can run it as you will. I’ll chat with Simon and provide him with my feedback though. Looks like a great gun though, can’t wait to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    no not kind not shi*ty at all, we saved you around $500, and you now have a 870 shotgun that is 20x better then any 870 police you could ever own.
    There is over 20 hours of work into these guns, there is nothing untouched.
    it has all the small internal parts that a police magnum has. inc spring and the machined extractor.
    If we had uses a police you would have wasted money, all the finishing and extra work that is done to a police over a standard 870, is removed, our polishing honing and machining, is far better then an off the shelf police.
    if you have any question please contact Simon direct and he can explain it to you.
    S&J
    Last edited by megahurts; 12-17-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    Yes, I’ll talk to Simon - more about the experience than the shotgun though. I believe in providing feedback to the vendors I use. I’d have thought that feedback from someone who actually laid out the cash for one of your guns would be of some importance to you. I didn’t say the gun was worse than an 870 police, I didn’t say I don’t like the gun, I didn’t say that I don’t believe there was some great work on the gun. I just said it sucks to buy something that’s advertised as one thing and is actually something different. I was thinking I might get a “sorry man, our mistake but we can assure you that what you have is just as good as a police model that had gone through the same process. Is there anything we can do for you?”. I didn’t expect someone telling me how lucky I was that you saved me money and then proceed to tell me how the gun is better than a 870 police. It’s your business though so of course you can run it as you will. I’ll chat with Simon and provide him with my feedback though. Looks like a great gun though, can’t wait to shoot it.
    please do call when u have time, we were not aware that at any point that is was said to be a police magnum. if that happened then that is onus.
    you feed back is VERY important to us.
    S&J

Just a heads up but you do say 870 police in the description on your website.

Second last paragraph

"Bead blasting of entire police 870
    Complete strip of frame and barrel
    Polish of all surface contact areas including inside and outside of mag tube and frame
    The bolt, cam and carrier are all deburred and hand polished
    The chamber and bore get a three stage hand polish to a near mirror finish
    Hand polish action bars
    "

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyfour View Post
    Just a heads up but you do say 870 police in the description on your website.

Second last paragraph

"Bead blasting of entire police 870
    Complete strip of frame and barrel
    Polish of all surface contact areas including inside and outside of mag tube and frame
    The bolt, cam and carrier are all deburred and hand polished
    The chamber and bore get a three stage hand polish to a near mirror finish
    Hand polish action bars
    "
    Yup that’s what I read before I bought it. I never did call in to talk to anyone about it as I’ve pretty much said all I needed to here and I heard that one of the owners was unwell.

I'm sure these are still better then a Police model. Only thing i would be concerned about is whether it has a metal or plastic trigger guard.

I've owned a number of Police guns, and a few guns based off of the Express receivers. They're all made in the same factory, from the same forgings, and the only difference is the line it goes to for final finishing and assembly - since these guns are totally refinished (and that includes the actual metal surfaces of the receivers), they'd be indistinguishable from Police guns.

I totally understand, however, that in an industry like this, what's written on the receiver is oftentimes just as important as what it is. "POLICE MAGNUM" will always be cooler than "870 EXPRESS", just like the little anchor on the P226 Navy is cooler than a standard P226R, so I get the complaint.

I hope that having Simon's marks on the guns makes up for it, however, in recognizing what a killer build these 870's are, regardless of what's written on the other side.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12