Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ammo to avoid.

Ammo to avoid.

I just got back from my second range trip with the WK180C, first trip I used Colt steel cased ammo, functioned flawlessly, not accurate enough for my liking, but it works.

Today I fired 20 rounds of the Colt, and about 15 of this Federal, AR5.56 it is crazy hot, usually I check my brass after firing, but figured the lawyers had it covered, after firing 8 from the mag the second last jammed, the bullet, and case separated. So I had to drop the cleaning rod down the barrel to remove the bullet.

So my day ended early, if someone knows how to host pics now let me know. 90% of the primers were cratered, gas bypassed the primer and pocket, and HEAVY extractor Mark's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Being that i reload, avoid buying federal. Reason, weakest brass. Dont own this rifle, just general comment.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

I reload as well, but havent for the WK because it voids the warranty.

Interesting, in my velocity testing I found the AR556 junk to be quite slow at 2900ish fps from an 18.5" AR.

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Interesting, in my velocity testing I found the AR556 junk to be quite slow at 2900ish fps from an 18.5" AR.
    If someone can host a pic, I'll gladly share, one primer is protruding roughly a 1/64".

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    I reload as well, but havent for the WK because it voids the warranty.
    Reloads void all warranties.

If someone can host a pic, I'll gladly share, one primer is protruding roughly a 1/64".
    Try https://postimages.org

I don't doubt you had issues, just saying I found it to be pretty slow. It also had a rather high ES.

Email the pics and I’ll post them t.hanks Dale pypersplace@hotmail.com

I just got back from my second range trip with the WK180C, first trip I used Colt steel cased ammo, functioned flawlessly, not accurate enough for my liking, but it works.

Today I fired 20 rounds of the Colt, and about 15 of this Federal, AR5.56 it is crazy hot, usually I check my brass after firing, but figured the lawyers had it covered, after firing 8 from the mag the second last jammed, the bullet, and case separated. So I had to drop the cleaning rod down the barrel to remove the bullet.

So my day ended early, if someone knows how to host pics now let me know. 90% of the primers were cratered, gas bypassed the primer and pocket, and HEAVY extractor Mark's.
    I fired about 100 rounds and it was very warm, not crazy hot for me. I was shooting PMC, and PPU ammo. Haven't gotten around to trying my Federal though. Crazy hot is normal after I shoot about 200 rounds in my MCX though, so probably OK?

The ammo I had worked great for me though.

Only issue I personally had was:
    - It feeds great for my Hera, Pmags, and Lancer Mags
    - It would fail to load the next round in my LAR-15 mags (if I had more than 5 rounds). It could just be because of my ####ty LAR-15 mags though haha (they feed perfectly in my MCX).
    ---- It is very hard to get rounds out of my LAR-15 mags after I've loaded them, so it could just be my ####ty mags though haha. I'll have to get my hands on Cproduct or MFT LAR-15 mags one day to see if they work OK.
    ---- I had to throw out the rounds that were partially loaded but never fully loaded as the bolt severely beats up/dented the brass when the bolt hit it in the middle.

The bolt doesn't slam forward as quick as my MCX at least, so not sure if it just needs time to break-in?
    I'm guessing it is because of tight tolerances and needs time to break-in better. (I have it pretty lubed/wet)
    - I'll play with it at home while watching a movie haha and hope it's better when I go to the range again.

I'll try my Federal next time haha and see. *Sorry, didn't pay attention to my primers, will see how bad they are next time.*
    Last edited by kaiu; 08-20-2018 at 04:03 PM.

The brass is extremely weak. I've never found the ammo loaded hot, what do your primers and casehead look like? Like mentioned above I won't reload that crap. Had quite a few cases split in the middle of the body on the 2nd firing, split necks etc. Never finished that batch or even considered loading a 3rd time.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast