Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Breakthrough Clean Technologies, TRY IT ONCE, AND NEVER GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CLEANER

I still use frog lube too, but only as a general cleaner and long term storage preservative. It is good for cleaning carbon with a brush in the bore and cleaning all metal parts. All friction surfaces get wiped off and now I use the breakthrough clean oil and grease for the moving parts depending on outside temp and what the part does.

The reason why frog lube isn't good for moving parts, especially in cold weather is that people don't wipe it off after they apply it and it gums up. If you wipe it off as per the instructions, it's fine. I just switched to the breakthrough oil so that I could have a nice film of lube present on the moving parts even in cold weather.

The reason why I think frog lube is still great for long term storage is the fact that it gums up! Thus when liberally applied to the entire gun, it stays put and gets sticky creating a great protective coating like cosmoline.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bcsteve's Avatar
    I tried real hard to like Froglube. I liked that it’s non toxic, smelled good and was a good lube. I see it as a lube for frequent use, for firearms used every weekend or two. Long term, it gets sticky and gummy to the point that you have to clean your firearm before you can use it. I really liked the idea but I moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    If it was all about saving money, we'd all be shooting Stevens 200s in 30/06.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdical Driver View Post
    Please remember that places like CGN are probably the most pro-police places in Canada.

I'm of the exact opinion, bcsteve. I had to clean a few of my safe Queen's. I was not impressed.
    With so many flavours in this world, why choose to be salty?

BUMP!

Any more opinions about this product? I’ve moved operations indoors and I’m having a hard time dealing with the stink from other famous solvents. Frog Lube is off the table, not into gummed up firearms

I don't know about "Military grade" because it way too expensive for the military to afford. We're still using CLP the cheapest stuff you can find ahaha

I use it and it cleans just as good as the other stuff. lack of smell and non toxic is huge for me since my bench is in the rec room

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910