Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breakthrough Clean Technologies, TRY IT ONCE, AND NEVER GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CLEANER

CGN Regular
    It seems to work well and doesn't smell. My biggest complaint is the spray pump doesn't work! It annoys the heck out of me!
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by lowburb View Post
    It seems to work well and doesn't smell. My biggest complaint is the spray pump doesn't work! It annoys the heck out of me!
    Gotta agree with you there!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.j View Post
    I hear yeah! Frog lube left everything incredibly sticky. I got a bunch of free samples from them, and gave them to a lot of people for review.

Ever since, I've been sceptical to try anything else!

I don't get the nontoxic thing either. I'm not saying I want toxic, but if I have a gun in my mouth, I need to worry about lead poisoning... High velocity lead pointing, not lube toxicity /darksarcasm

I would try samples - I'll contact the company.

B
    So you don't worry about breathing in the fumes, or scratching your eyes/nose while cleaning your guns, or forgetting to wash your hands afterwards and going straight to eating dinner with your hands? I'm sure you take precautions, but why worry about it when you use non-toxic stuff?

Dam, I'd buy it if it didn't have that name "Battle Born". Why would they do that??

Quote Originally Posted by Future303 View Post
    So you don't worry about breathing in the fumes, or scratching your eyes/nose while cleaning your guns, or forgetting to wash your hands afterwards and going straight to eating dinner with your hands? I'm sure you take precautions, but why worry about it when you use non-toxic stuff?
    You still have to wash your hands after using any cleaner because the crap it cleans out of your gun is all over your hands, not just the cleaner. Lead, stuff like that. So you do need to worry about it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    You still have to wash your hands after using any cleaner because the crap it cleans out of your gun is all over your hands, not just the cleaner. Lead, stuff like that. So you do need to worry about it.
    True, but lead is far less toxic on its own than solvents meant to remove it. I'm not trying to downplay it, but you have to ingest a lot of lead to get acute toxicity. Not sure about the regular "toxic" gun solvents.

Quote Originally Posted by Future303 View Post
    True, but lead is far less toxic on its own than solvents meant to remove it. I'm not trying to downplay it, but you have to ingest a lot of lead to get acute toxicity. Not sure about the regular "toxic" gun solvents.
    But nothing. Eating lead obviously isn't a recommended practice. You still need to wash your hands.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bcsteve's Avatar
    I had never heard of Breakthrough cleaner and lube till recently. I’m surprised that it’s been out since around 2015 (according to Google) but there isn’t much out there about it. Looks interesting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    If it was all about saving money, we'd all be shooting Stevens 200s in 30/06.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdical Driver View Post
    Please remember that places like CGN are probably the most pro-police places in Canada.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lowburb View Post
    Same here. Completely useless.
    In Glock We Trust