Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breakthrough Clean Technologies, TRY IT ONCE, AND NEVER GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CLEANER

I was using G96 for quite some time until FrogLube came around with the hype that it was the cats azz of the CLP types of gun lube. Well, after my semi- auto jammed up on a nice cold morning as a nice deer just walked away, I decided to review what I was doing.

I’m now back to using G96 and it will take a ton of hype about a newer product before I get sucked in again. Just my experience.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    But nothing. Eating lead obviously isn't a recommended practice. You still need to wash your hands.
    But nothing huh?

Go lick a couple of lead bullets. It's unlikely you'll suffer any side effects. If you lick a bullet once a day, probably within a month you'd start to see side-effects.

Now go spray some of the regular "toxic" gun solvents in your mouth. How many sprays could you handle before you got some nasty side-effects?

And even if you clean your hands, you gun still has the toxic gunk on it. Any time you grab it for whatever reason, and then pick your nose or scratch your eyelid, you're poisoning yourself a little bit.

Still have about 2 galons of Ballistol left, once I run out will give this a thought, sounds interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Future303 View Post
    But nothing huh?

Go lick a couple of lead bullets. It's unlikely you'll suffer any side effects. If you lick a bullet once a day, probably within a month you'd start to see side-effects.

Now go spray some of the regular "toxic" gun solvents in your mouth. How many sprays could you handle before you got some nasty side-effects?

And even if you clean your hands, you gun still has the toxic gunk on it. Any time you grab it for whatever reason, and then pick your nose or scratch your eyelid, you're poisoning yourself a little bit.
    So you're advising that people should not wash their hands after cleaning a gun bore using this product, is that correct?

I handled toxic materials dailyfor 45 years. Including solvents much worse than what is used in gun cleaning products. And I have no side effects or issues - because I wash my fkg hands. And if you're covering your rifle with the stuff that you clean out of the bore then you're doing something wrong.

BANNED
    So you're advising that people should not wash their hands after cleaning a gun bore using this product, is that correct?

No. Hand washing in general is always very important. It's just that with a non-toxic product, if you forget, you shouldn't have to worry about it, OR worry about long term exposure (like on a hunting trip where you are handling your rifle constantly and then grabbing your food out of your lunchbox?)

And your anecdotal evidence means nothing until you go get a doctor's report that you haven't lost a few IQ points due to long term chemical exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Future303 View Post
    No. Hand washing in general is always very important. It's just that with a non-toxic product, if you forget, you shouldn't have to worry about it, OR worry about long term exposure (like on a hunting trip where you are handling your rifle constantly and then grabbing your food out of your lunchbox?)

And your anecdotal evidence means nothing until you go get a doctor's report that you haven't lost a few IQ points due to long term chemical exposure.
    All my post was meant to say is that careful and correct handling of toxic substances is better for you than than incorrect methods. I'm not saying solvents wouldn't hurt me - I'm saying I used proper methods to ensure solvents didn't hurt me. Using PPE and proper procedures, which included washing my hands after handling.

You seem to be saying this product won't cause as much harm as quickly and that might be but but you haven't offered any evidence to qualify that remark, anecdotal or otherwise. Regardless, I'm saying that even without solvents there are still dangerous toxins in the residue from cleaning a firearm and we should still wash our hands after contacting it.

Lead, powder and primer residues, are all toxic. Some may contain mercuric compounds and other toxic chemicals besides lead.

So - do you agree (or not) that a person should continue to take normal precautions such as washing your hands even if using a solvent free gun cleaner?
    Last edited by jethunter; 01-04-2019 at 06:59 PM.

With so many flavours in this world, why choose to be salty?

Quote Originally Posted by brian.j View Post

wash your hands after handling that megaphone, the guy ahead of you might have been cleaning a gun or maybe just had an itchy butt. ha ha.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.j View Post

Funny, you're one of those guys who never shows himself on any political thread. Are you a member of any orgs at least? Do you post Pro-Canadian Gun memes on Social Media? Or do you just cover your eyes and ears and pretend nothing is happening like an ostrich?

I do subscribe to a thread about gun cleaning solution that gets hijacked by people arguing about something no one cares about. Possibly they should take it to Private Message, instead of airing laundry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    With so many flavours in this world, why choose to be salty?