Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breakthrough Clean Technologies, TRY IT ONCE, AND NEVER GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CLEANER

I liked Breakthrough stuff. The cleaner solvent, oil and grease. Yes the pump sprayer was defective on the solvent bottle but the new bottles seem fixed.

However I’m mostly using G96 and amsoil firearm lubricant these days. And blue nitrile gloves. Always blue nitrile gloves.
    CCFR, CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Future303 View Post
    Funny, you're one of those guys who never shows himself on any political thread. Are you a member of any orgs at least? Do you post Pro-Canadian Gun memes on Social Media? Or do you just cover your eyes and ears and pretend nothing is happening like an ostrich?
    You're f**king joking, right? I am active in actual political movements and I post on CGN in political threads regularly and am posting on them today. But wtf does that have to do with this thread? Are you lost?

This cleaner looks to be good stuff. But anyone who cleans guns should still wash their hands with soap afterwards. Because the shooting residues are toxic and it's stupid not to protect yourself. I don't see what part of that can cause anyone stress.
    Last edited by jethunter; 01-04-2019 at 09:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Kick these guys outta the thread, please.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

So, do you have samples so we can “try it once” without buying a big bottle?

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. I’ve had a gun cleaning solvent give me an entire body rash even though I didn’t get any on my body. I’ve resorted to only using solvents outdoors, which sucks in the winter. Lubricants are usually non-reactive with me. But solvents are an ongoing issue. Will look into this.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Kick these guys outta the thread, please.
    Are YOU doing anything to help the cause? Or are you also an ostrich? I'm just trying to wake you people up that our guns are in serious danger of being banned.

Whether a cleaner is toxic or not won't matter then, will it? So how about you wake up and start helping?

BANNED
    Got anything comparable to wipeout?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer legi0n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line Solutions View Post
    Breakthrough® Clean’s products are also non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-staining, odorless, and eco-friendly so, they’re safe for you, your firearm, and your environment.
    the MSDS for the solvent says:

OSHA/HCS status : This material is considered hazardous by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200).

Hazard statements : H227 - Combustible liquid.
    H304 - May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
    Precautionary statements
    Prevention : P280 - Wear protective gloves. Wear eye or face protection.
    P210 - Keep away from flames and hot surfaces. - No smoking.
    Response : P301 + P310 + P331 - IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. Do NOT induce vomiting.
    Storage : P405 - Store locked up.
    P403 - Store in a well-ventilated place.
    P235 - Keep cool.

I bought some of the cleaner and oil, and while they dont stink the "spray" nozzles suck and pretty much do not work. So torn between returning it because its frustrating to use vs seems to work decently.
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .

Expired Business Member
    The spray bottle had been updated with a new nozzle per say, if you have trouble with yours contact us via the warranty form, and we can send you a new one. I think we have some in stock for replacement or they are coming in the next order. Regardless, we'll help you out.