Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Canuck Evolve .410 Revolver Shotgun in Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodwink View Post
    This is cool. Can see myself patrolling the Mojave desert in this.
    Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Checked with the warranty place this morning at O'Dell, said they have had lots of issues with people missing the right side cylinder cover but I am the first person that was missing the left. The fact that my old hunting partner ordered the same gun from somewhere else and is missing the right side tells me this must be a serious issue and some quality control problems at the old assembly line. Hopefully I won't have to wait to long for the part. I have had minor issues with the odd firearm before but this is the first time I have bought something new and had it missing a part. Still looks like a neat shotgun though and hopefully I'll get the chance to bag a few partridge this year with it. Appreciate the range report Thunderhog

Recieved a phone call from my friend this am and he left me a message stating he went and test fired one of the Canuck Evolve 410's today and that it was the most dangerous firearm he ever fired. He contacted O'Dell and their response was that these have been nothing but trouble and that they were recalling them, as they are all defective, they told him to give me a number to call for the process but I do not have it yet as I was out in the woods all day and have yet to talk to my friend. So even if you have one that seems to be working ok, please don't fire it again until you have confirmed the status with O'Dell.

If what Pete76007 is saying is confirmed, I will be very disappointed. I almost pulled the trigger on this the moment I saw it but decided to wait for reviews. Glad I did. Hopefully this is a one-off issue as I want this firearm to succeed as the idea is so cool!

Pete's friend here. My firearm was missing the right gas shield. After discussing this with Pete I decided to run five shells through it as I waited for a reply from Odell. It had to be the most dangerous firearm I have fired and I fired lots. The gas exit ports with shield or no shield are pointing upward towards your eyes, don't know why they would not exit downward instead. A revolver is arms length away, this being a rifle is in your face. The left side cover did little, gas escaped just as bad as the side with no cover, just about every where's around the receiver cylinder area also. I fired only five shots, and this was not in any way a safe firearm, lots of potential for serious eye injury. The five spent casings would not come out no matter how much I pushed the ejector. Scared I would bend the ejector pin I used a pen to push them out. The noise was deafing for a 410. Yes pins on the receiver were had razor sharp edges. After hearing back from Odell they indicated there were issues on the construction of the shotgun from the manufacture and that they would be recalling them. I was given the info and I have packed mine up to be returned tomorrow. Waited 8 months for one, just very poor, not what I expected. Don't know if there is going to be a fix or refund. Seems like a lot of fixing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    From O'Dell direct:

"No we aren't recalling anything. We have found parts of the shipment we aren't happy with (the shields are definitely not as consistent as we would like) and we will be reaching out to all owners to solve their issues."
    "We are reaching out to people through their dealers or directly. What I would appreciate you posting is to contact us if there are any concerns."
    Last edited by lone-wolf; 10-04-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    From O'Dell direct:

"No we aren't recalling anything. We have found parts of the shipment we aren't happy with (the shields are definitely not as consistent as we would like) and we will be reaching out to all owners to solve their issues."
    "We are reaching out to people through their dealers or directly. What I would appreciate you posting is to contact us if there are any concerns."
    So I don't look stupid here I called the seller first who showed little interest. To have the potential for someone to suffer an eye injury I contacted your department, both by phone and work order. It was not until I posted my concerns on a FB message that someone in your department replied. They told me they were experiencing issues with the manufactures final product as to speak. I was told that they were being recalled, send it back and share the info with others that were having issues. If there is in fact not a recall then I guess I wonder how some users would know if it is safe to shoot. I see several issues as ones have stated, I hope they can be resolved, but there seems to be a few and not just cosmetic. To date I have spent $811.00, $62.00 this morning for return. This is not a bitching section, just concerned for peoples safety.

Glad I decided to wait on one of these

Well time for an update on this, I sent in my shotgun and have been waiting over two months now without a word of what is going on until this afternoon and it appears at least another two and a half month is required to resolve the issue. For clarification none of my comments were directed at the Tillsonburg Gun Shop as I did not purchase my firearm from them, originally they were added to this topic as someone had requested a review from other owners of this firearm. The issue I had was with the repair facility and I was curious if others were having the same problem. The bright light here is that I have learned that the Tillsonburg Gun Shop is a very reputable store that cares about their customers and will be the first place I look at for any future purchases.
    Last edited by Pete76007; 12-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Business Member Tillsonburg Gun Shop's Avatar
    Unfortunately I did not notice your posts here about the Evolve. Sorry about that. I have sent you a PM. Hopefully we can make it right for you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234