Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canuck Evolve .410 Revolver Shotgun in Stock!

Most shells I have tried to put in were tight going in the cylinder. Made ejecting 5 of them really hard.

It has a habit of spitting stuff back in my face, not just my arms. Looks like I was welding.

LOUD for a 410. Ringing in one shot. Muffs after that.

I have one screw holding the cylinder on that I can not for the life of me get out. I was gonna try cleaning up the ejector as it was sticky. I can't do that or change the cylinder until i get that screw out.

It groups well for a 410. Tried all the chokes and ran some slugs. Thought it was pretty decent for accuracy.

I just wish it didnt burn up my face and arms when i shoot it. Kinda sketchy really. Eye protection is a must.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Gas shield was loose on mine, if it's going back in your face, check them screws. Also not sure what size they are. I thought they were allen screws, they might be torq screws.
    My eyesight must be getting bad, but I can't tell. Probably should be some locktite on it?

The wood looks really good. DA is heavy. SA is really pleasant. The trigger blade is wide. No safety(fine by me).
    I haven't gotten to pattern it yet. I found the cylinder snug to load but I had no issue with ejection.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Gas shield was loose on mine, if it's going back in your face, check them screws. Also not sure what size they are. I thought they were allen screws, they might be torq screws.
    My eyesight must be getting bad, but I can't tell. Probably should be some locktite on it?

The wood looks really good. DA is heavy. SA is really pleasant. The trigger blade is wide. No safety(fine by me).
    I haven't gotten to pattern it yet. I found the cylinder snug to load but I had no issue with ejection.

Thank you CoreyS and lone-wolf for those reports, it is much appreciated. I too will leave a full report once I’m home and get a chance to shoot this awesome looking 410.

There is obviously some concerns with gases escaping past the protection shield, does not sound good or even safe. I will try out slugs, buckshot and # 6 birdshot.

I truly believe Odel Engineering will take care of any warranty concerns that any of us Evolve owners have.

Thanks again, keep those reports coming. I look forward to shooting mine in early October!

This is my review on another thread.

Don't buy it. myself and 2 friends bought them and we are less than pleased.
    Out of 5 shots with #4 bird shot, at 20 yards 6 pellets hit paper. My arm suffered a lot of powder burns from escaping gasses from the end of the cylinder. It looked like i had chicken pox.
    5 shots with slugs and only one hit paper.
    Out of those 10 shots 3 times the cylinder popped open. Also wouldn't properly align for the next shot on a few occasions.
    The barrel is also not marked for Caliber/Bore (.410) or shell length.
    Other friend had his fore stock come loose.
    Aluminum receiver has a seam within the trigger guard that has a sharp burr on all 3 firearms.
    For the price we just paid for a .410 we were expecting a whole lot more.

I am expecting a call from someone here soon to figure out what to do.

^^^^^^
    Ouch!!!

Well the company has been in contact with me. I feel much better with my purchase now. They really so seem to want to fix any issues that have come up with it. Can't wait to take it out for birds when the issues are solved.

Just got mine yesterday, I found at first while cocking back the hammer manually that the cylinder would bind a bit after the second or third chamber was rotated through. Problem seems to have gotten a bit better after more repitions, maybe just tight and needs some breakin. I noticed in the box there is a small plastic bag with 2 screws and what i am guessing are spacers, any idea what they are for, didn't see any mention in the manual. Hopefully test fire tomorrow and will update after.
    Last edited by Pete76007; 09-29-2018 at 04:50 PM.

After a further look I am pretty sure mine is missing the left side gas shield, compared to a picture of the one my friend has something is definitley missing, just wondering if this could be the issue others are having with the powder burns. After an even closer look my friend is missing the right side gas shield but has the 2 screws installed, I am missing the left with no screws. The guns were ordered from different dealers at different times.
    Last edited by Pete76007; 09-29-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Well here is my range report on this sweet gun!... I bought this for my wife who has not shot it yet.

I would recommend everyone check their screws for tightness on this shotgun, they all seemed a little loose. I am thinking this is the problem with gas escaping from the gas shields. Ours was also spitting gas a little before I tightened all the screws.

Our gun shoots a little high for point of impact compared to line of sight. Sight adjustment appears non existing. Had the modified choke in with Winchester 2 1/2" #6 shot for 25 yard testing. Other than center of pattern grouping high, it patterns very well. With 3" shells, #6 shot and the full choke a person could easily kill a grouse at 35 yards.

The gun comes with 5 chokes and of course two cylinders, one 3 shot and one five shot. I had the five shot cylinder in while testing. Slugs and buckshot worked well with the improved cylinder choke. But again, striking high.

The chokes are marked with notches and I will explain what they mean. Choke values are as follows:

Full choke - 1 notch
    Improved modified choke - 2 notches
    Modified choke - 3 notches
    Improved cylinder choke - 4 notches
    Skeet choke - 5 notches

I hope this helps everyone.

The overall fit and finish is good, double action becomes easier as it breaks in. Single action is awesome. I also had to file down the choke wrench to properly fit in the barrel while changing chokes.

Any warranty concerns, contact Ben at www.odellengineeringltd.com or 519-654-9600

I would recommend this awesome little shotgun to anyone that is interested.

This is cool. Can see myself patrolling the Mojave desert in this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast