Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    My secret is to have the gun match the markings colors and its just a nice little accent
    That's just some solid thinking right there. Lol.

I like the FDE parts...
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

Look☝️

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    I am thinking about trying to make a little top rail mounted deflector that will come down the side and deflect the brass away as well as fill over the opening
    My upper came back from Kodiak yesterday (gas block milled and chamber reamed). I stole this good idea from another member here - thanks kaiu.
    MagPul M-Lok type 1 cover cut and put in the slot on the right side of the rifle - this is for a left side charging handle though. I am thinking it will help with any brass marks on the receiver and it should be a good dust cover.
    The fit seems snug enough. Will see when it gets heated up.

Last edited by Paul_T; 09-25-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Thanks to original poster
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

My god guys...I still don't expect mine for 3 months! this is torture, but thank you for giving me something to look at!
    Cheers
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    My upper came back from Kodiak yesterday (gas block milled and chamber reamed). I stole this good idea from another member here - sorry I cannot remember his name to give him the credit.
    MagPul M-Lok type 1 cover cut and put in the slot on the right side of the rifle - this is for a left side charging handle though. I am thinking it will help with any brass marks on the receiver and it should be a good dust cover.
    The fit seems snug enough. Will see when it gets heated up.

It's held up alot, and prevented alot of the brass marks compared to what I've seen on other WK180c's in this forum. (gone through about 800 rounds, possibly over 1k, I haven't really kept track lol).

Last edited by kaiu; 09-25-2018 at 11:58 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
    It's held up alot, and prevented alot of the brass marks compared to what I've seen on other WK180c's in this forum. (gone through about 800 rounds, possibly over 1k, I haven't really kept track lol).
    There you are - thanks for the tip !! Much appreciated
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

^ thats easier for sure, it just fits that nice? thats amazing!

That’s a great idea, I just placed an order for the covers

Just went to see how the magpul mlok cover type 2 fit. Just a little bit of sanding on the centre piece to make it just a hair thinner and it locked the covers in. They do not go in further than the reciever wall so theres no interference there, and theyre just rock solid in the slot. I am so thankful you guys found this simple solution with the mlok covers!

If you compare my pic on post 119, youll see these completely cover everywhere brass has marked up my reciever. Beats putting tape on the gun if youre worried about markings. Best of all theyre easily removable and dont require any modification to the reciever at all.

Oddly enough, two covers perfectly fill the gap if you're going to have your charging handle on the left side and work as a brass deflector.

If you're going to have the handle on the right, exactly 3 covers will fill the opening on the left side of the reciever. Of course with your handle needing the space to travel, nothing is stopping your brass from marking up your reciever with this option.

Well made some changes........changed the pistol grip to a mesa tactical hogue grip and installed a BCM PNT trigger for now.