Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    Can you provide a link to where you got the hand guard?
    This looks similar, if not identical.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TriR...920996967.html

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The shorter MOE fixed carbine stock is a perfect fit for this rifle as the ass end is quite long behind the grip due to the nature of the design.
    I'm an average height guy at 5'9" and the LOP is perfect.
    I did find the A2 grip geometry a bit wonky with the receiver angle too. It just didn't feel right. Too swept back and the angle of the grip paired up with receiver forced my index finger way down to the point where it was barely on the bottom tip of the trigger in a natural resting state.
    The MOE SL grip on there (after considerable modification) makes a world of difference. It feels so much better with the MOE grip and stock.
    I'm not a purely aesthetics person but the fixed carbine looks way better than the M4 standard.
    I also hate adjustable stocks on guns for some reason lol

That's all it gets though. I shoot her as is now. This rifle is awesome! Been waiting a long time for something simple, cheap and reliable exactly like this!
    Have you got a LOP on that setup? Just wondering if it's comparable to A2 rifle length with the MOE stock on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Is there more clearance around the gas block than the stock handguard has?
    Yes. The inside of the top rail is squared instead of radius.

Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    Can you provide a link to where you got the hand guard?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TriR...5aaa4c4deCcSSG

This is the exact seller I bought from. I will wait till Canadapost starts taking in international shipments though. Right now sellers abroad will only use fedex and DHL which is outrageously priced. Mine was shipped for $5

For anyone thinking of getting this handguard in any length. Word of advise. Do not try to hammer out the barrel nut from the rail. Just take off your gas block. slip the handguard on with the barrel nut still inside, thread on the whole assembly to the upper and then once you have threaded on the barrel nut more than half way. Pull away the handguard, then attach your gas block before slipping the handguard back on to tighten the bolts to secure it. The barrel nut will be damaged if you try to hammer it out without it mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by bleaches View Post
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TriR...5aaa4c4deCcSSG

This is the exact seller I bought from. I will wait till Canadapost starts taking in international shipments though. Right now sellers abroad will only use fedex and DHL which is outrageously priced. Mine was shipped for $5

For anyone thinking of getting this handguard in any length. Word of advise. Do not try to hammer out the barrel nut from the rail. Just take off your gas block. slip the handguard on with the barrel nut still inside, thread on the whole assembly to the upper and then once you have threaded on the barrel nut more than half way. Pull away the handguard, then attach your gas block before slipping the handguard back on to tighten the bolts to secure it. The barrel nut will be damaged if you try to hammer it out without it mounted.
    Why not just loosen the handguard rail screws ? There's also a set screw that you need to back out first before you can loosen the other three screws.

Seems like a weird way to install an AR15 handguard.

CGN Regular
    What mine looks like....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Why not just loosen the handguard rail screws ? There's also a set screw that you need to back out first before you can loosen the other three screws.

Seems like a weird way to install an AR15 handguard.
    It is weird. I was scratching my head too. When I loosened the three screws there was still quite a bit of pressure clamping the barrel nut in there. It was the best way I found to get the barrel nut out without prying the back end of the handguard and risk chipping the paint on it.

I am sure if you have a metal pipe of sorts that is the same diameter as the barrel nut you can stick it in from the front end and hammer it out, after removing the screws.

After you loosen the three screws, tighten the small black set screw in. It will spread apart the end of the hand guard and the barrel nut will just fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeK View Post
    After you loosen the three screws, tighten the small black set screw in. It will spread apart the end of the hand guard and the barrel nut will just fall out.
    Bingo. The small screw is what will open up the clamp. No need to hammer anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HeK View Post
    Well Ill be damned. I was wondering what that small set screw was for. hahaha. Thanks for the tip.