Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

Finally installed the 13" Troy Alpha rail on. It is now "Free float " as I had to open up the top of the handguard where the gas block just touches (like the factory handguard). Will find out if this helps to improve consistency of groups....

Factory barrel nut is 4 oz and the rail is 7 oz

Troy barrel nut is 1.5 oz and the rail is 10.5 oz

Didn't add much weight in the end, 7 lb 3 oz without optics. I can still access the piston area just like the factory handguard but from the top lol. If i have time I might open up the front portion too.

With the rail cover removed

- got the rail on clearance for $100 all in. No way I'd work on anything more expensive lol
    - had to trim off the one anti rotation pin on the left side of the rail, 1 minute
    - trimmed off 2 tabs on the standard AR barrel nut so that the gas piston spring clears the nut, 5 mins
    - opened up the top about 8 rail slots. 3 hours
    - put on 2 coats of engine enamel on any bare metal surface
    - put rail cover on opened top section to prevent fingers touching the gas block. Cut a piece of aluminium to cover the slots directly above the gas bleed off ports
    Last edited by Bonjour43ma; 01-27-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Beautiful looking rifle Crover, love the recessed look on the end. Actually exactly the same plan I have for my rifle when it comes. I see you used a 17" handgaurd, are you able to tell from yours if a 15" handgaurd would still cover up to the fake suppressor and provide that recessed look?

Quote Originally Posted by Kheprisun View Post
    Beautiful looking rifle Crover, love the recessed look on the end. Actually exactly the same plan I have for my rifle when it comes. I see you used a 17" handgaurd, are you able to tell from yours if a 15" handgaurd would still cover up to the fake suppressor and provide that recessed look?
    A 15" handguard will be just over the end of the can, obscuring the knurled end and being dang near flush with the smooth body of the can.

The Abomin870!

Quote Originally Posted by The Crover View Post
    A 15" handguard will be just over the end of the can, obscuring the knurled end and being dang near flush with the smooth body of the can.

Awesome! I think I'm going to try a 15" handgaurd for mine when it eventually comes, I'll make sure to post here to compare! Thanks so much for measuring that for me.

This is the best WK setup I've seen IMO, what scope mount is that?

Set mine up as a dedicated 250m gun.

Bipod, fixed 10" ARFX stock, Bushnell 3-9x "Engage" scope on a cheapie QR mount. No BUIS at the moment but I may add a 45 degree set later. It's already heavy enough haha.

"We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Set mine up as a dedicated 250m gun.

Bipod, fixed 10" ARFX stock, Bushnell 3-9x "Engage" scope on a cheapie QR mount. No BUIS at the moment but I may add a 45 degree set later. It's already heavy enough haha.

for 45 irons, the magpul ones wont fit without a little mdification

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    for 45 irons, the magpul ones wont fit without a little mdification
    Yeah the QR latch doesn't lock while it's on the rail. Have to do a bit of filing, I think.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

I quite like the Troy on my AR but find you need either the Squid Grip inserts or gloves for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Finally installed the 13" Troy Alpha rail on. It is now "Free float " as I had to open up the top of the handguard where the gas block just touches (like the factory handguard). Will find out if this helps to improve consistency of groups....

Factory barrel nut is 4 oz and the rail is 7 oz

Troy barrel nut is 1.5 oz and the rail is 10.5 oz

Didn't add much weight in the end, 7 lb 3 oz without optics. I can still access the piston area just like the factory handguard but from the top lol. If i have time I might open up the front portion too.

With the rail cover removed

- got the rail on clearance for $100 all in. No way I'd work on anything more expensive lol
    - had to trim off the one anti rotation pin on the left side of the rail, 1 minute
    - trimmed off 2 tabs on the standard AR barrel nut so that the gas piston spring clears the nut, 5 mins
    - opened up the top about 8 rail slots. 3 hours
    - put on 2 coats of engine enamel on any bare metal surface
    - put rail cover on opened top section to prevent fingers touching the gas block
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Deflector

Hi, if u don’t mind me asking what deflector is that? Very nice and looks it is holding on.