Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36464849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    did everyone have to change out the barrel nut to get those handguards on? i'm having a hell of a time trying get the flash hider off.
    I left the stock barrel nut on mine, went on fairly easily when it was in a vice (I wrapped the receiver in a hockey sock lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    Yea, you will need something like Geissele's reaction rod to mount the receiver in a vice. Even the screws on the handguard were tough. Had to be torched to get them off.
    i tired my hand at the handguard screws. one of them just wouldn't move and i rounded out the hex in it... not having a torch handy i ended up drilling into it with a 3mm bit and then i hammered a square head bit into the hole and put a socket and ratchet on it then it came off. but that screw and the square head bit is permanently fused together now. lol.

The geometry of the upper receiver looks simple enough, i think i'm going to design and 3d print a vice jig to hold my upper in the vice and try it that way. being the cheap guy that i am a $99 tool that i'll use a couple times is not so attractive. but thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    i tired my hand at the handguard screws. one of them just wouldn't move and i rounded out the hex in it... not having a torch handy i ended up drilling into it with a 3mm bit and then i hammered a square head bit into the hole and put a socket and ratchet on it then it came off. but that screw and the square head bit is permanently fused together now. lol.

The geometry of the upper receiver looks simple enough, i think i'm going to design and 3d print a vice jig to hold my upper in the vice and try it that way. being the cheap guy that i am a $99 tool that i'll use a couple times is not so attractive. but thanks for the info.
    That would be a very useful tool.

making progress... still waiting for my 15" handguard to show up.

Watch the port on the gas block when you shoot it with the 15. I'm assuming with the TNA 15"? My left hand got blasted by the gas coming out of the piston system since the TNA rail had more cut outs on it than the factory rail.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Just bought a couples WC180C tonight, i look like fun rifles.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Watch the port on the gas block when you shoot it with the 15. I'm assuming with the TNA 15"? My left hand got blasted by the gas coming out of the piston system since the TNA rail had more cut outs on it than the factory rail.
    i went with one i saw on ebay... probably came from the same place as all those aliexpress ones.
    i always shoot with gloves on so i guess i'll be ok.

Ever thought about buying M-LOK rail covers? I have type 1 and 2 covers and type 1 are so soft and comfortable that’s why I like em!

Ive got the type 2s but my hands still get blasted because the covers don't actually cover the port.

Ive got the type 2s but my hands still get blasted because the covers don't actually cover the port.
    Oh o.k,