Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39495152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamjor View Post
    Coming along! Just need the BCM Mod 3 foregrip, a better stock, maybe real magpul, and the ACT trigger... for now.

That is pretty nice. 15 inches handguard?

And people have been mentionning trouble with metal mags, how is yours ?
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

Also interested in this hand guard, any modification needed for install?
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Driller, I'm really liking the simplicity of your WK with nothing more than irons. I think I'll throw a set on my next WK and call it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by -raqh- View Post
    That is pretty nice. 15 inches handguard?

And people have been mentionning trouble with metal mags, how is yours ?

TNA super mlok handguard, 15 inch. Took 5 minutes to install on the factory nut. When my WK was at Kodiak for the guide rod plate issue, Owen loosened the screws for me so that was nice.

Metal mags ran completely flawlessly. These and my LAR15 mags. In fact my WK was purchased from westrifle, and I never got the here mags. Just two steel stanag.

CGN Regular

Pretty much done setting mine up maybe order rwa take down pivot pin and considering the fixed carbine stock and a foregrip for target shooting.

Which metal mags are most you guys finding work well in your WK?
    And bulk ammo? I have A.E and Barnaul in 55grain some 62 grain fusions I bought for hunting but have not shot anything except A.E 55gr
    Last edited by iceangler650; 04-27-2019 at 01:35 PM.

finally got my handguard on. just gotta cut off the beaver tail on my magpul k2 grip and bolt it on then i think i'm done messing with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    Watch the port on the gas block when you shoot it with the 15. I'm assuming with the TNA 15"? My left hand got blasted by the gas coming out of the piston system since the TNA rail had more cut outs on it than the factory rail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    Ever thought about buying M-LOK rail covers? I have type 1 and 2 covers and type 1 are so soft and comfortable that’s why I like em!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    Ive got the type 2s but my hands still get blasted because the covers don't actually cover the port.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamjor View Post
    Is there any solution to this? Is it only if you hold right at the gas block?
    Found another potential solution on a video about the BRN-180, the handguard of which can apparently get burning hot from venting gas when you run Yankee-capacity magazines through it. They mentioned in the video that KE Arms makes an insulated handguard wrap, the SHTF+ wrap. Wolverine may be able to bring this in, or people up here may be able to home-make there own version. It might be useful in the winter, too; holding metal at -40, even with gloves, can get pretty cold

This will have to do for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Found another potential solution on a video about the BRN-180, the handguard of which can apparently get burning hot from venting gas when you run Yankee-capacity magazines through it. They mentioned in the video that KE Arms makes an insulated handguard wrap, the SHTF+ wrap. Wolverine may be able to bring this in, or people up here may be able to home-make there own version. It might be useful in the winter, too; holding metal at -40, even with gloves, can get pretty cold

My rifle is on order, am i going to have a hard time with my RMR red dot on here? Hows the height with the stock stock?

-Robbie L

-Robbie L

The RMR is made for pistols, the height over bore will probably be too low. If you really want to use the RMR on your WK you will need a scope riser.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLaidlaw View Post
    My rifle is on order, am i going to have a hard time with my RMR red dot on here? Hows the height with the stock stock?

-Robbie L

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    The RMR is made for pistols, the height over bore will probably be too low. If you really want to use the RMR on your WK you will need a scope riser.
    Not trying to nitpick here, but the RMR was never intended for pistols. It was meant for carbines and PDW style guns, just as a small, light optic. It actually has a lot of issues when mounted on pistols, at least older gen units did, and the battery contact springs were weak enough where they would fail under slide reciprocation and the dot would flicker. Anyways... I have no WK, so carry on!