Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 42525455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    Hopefully the pics work. I have a 16.5in hand guard to toss on as well. Just need to bring home a wrench that will fit the WK barrel nut.

Anyone else seriously surprised how accurate it is? I am super impressed so far. I like it more than my AR15. The fake acog actually works. Hah!

Definitely going to need a lower optic with that stock!!
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Range day tomorrow, best way to find out.

I might even put the buffer tube stock back on if the ergonomics are out. When the hand guard is on there I might get some flip ups, but the gun is accurate enough to deserve a nice optic.

Well the range was closed till 5pm today for an event, so I had some time to burn. And this ended up taking way longer than expected. The flash hider was very difficult to remove. The barrel nut, also was very stubborn. But some heat from a heat gun helped get er done.

Update, the folding stock works perfectly for my giraffe neck eye alignment. But the LOP is a touch short for my gorilla length arms. Firing the beast from a folded stock was quite the experience. I like it.

Last edited by FarmerDanz; 07-22-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    I'm also curious how you colour filled the lettering on your WK. I experimented with a paint pen and an acetone rag and made quite the mess. Fortunately I was practicing on a mag bottom plate.
    I followed a youtube guide, although I don't recall which on off hand.

Basically I degreased the area with acetone and used testers enamel model paint to fill in the letters. I let it mostly dry and then a light pass with a rag damp with mineral spirits to remove the excess paint.
    It took a few passes but I eventually built up a decent fill.

I printed my own deflector (no screws):

I had an MOE vertical grip that doesn't fit any of my handguards so I printed an MOE to M-LOK adapter and mounted it to my WK:

I don't like the charging handle (knob) so I'm playing around with alternatives. I'm trying out a vertical handle but the charging force applies a torque on the knob and I'm not sure I like that.
    I'm also trying out a vertical AR style charging handle. I like it (even though the initial design looks like ass):

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I printed my own deflector (no screws):

They come with a logo on the bolt carrier now? or did you replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    They come with a logo on the bolt carrier now? or did you replace it?
    I sent mine in for inspection (because of the recall) and they sent me a bolt carrier with a logo.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    Well the range was closed till 5pm today for an event, so I had some time to burn. And this ended up taking way longer than expected. The flash hider was very difficult to remove. The barrel nut, also was very stubborn. But some heat from a heat gun helped get er done.

Update, the folding stock works perfectly for my giraffe neck eye alignment. But the LOP is a touch short for my gorilla length arms. Firing the beast from a folded stock was quite the experience. I like it.

Interesting. But kind of looks like a bodybuilder that regularly skips "leg day"...

P.S. - you can get a rubber pad that will fit that stock which will increase the LOP a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    Interesting. But kind of looks like a bodybuilder that regularly skips "leg day"...

P.S. - you can get a rubber pad that will fit that stock which will increase the LOP a bit.
    Personally I think this is the ugliest rifle on here I've scene. But everyone has their own taste and if it works for him then there's nothing wrong with that. Lol I guess I'm just a buffer tube stock kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post

Friggen HILARIOUS lol