Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

"Levon12345" and "Beltfeds" posts are perfectly reasonable. I would not discredit what either of them has said. One has offered a very good technical recap of the issue and one has called out the safety aspect which I agree should be handed proactively by Kodiak. Not reactively. (For example, "Call if you have a problem"). Blown out primers, squibs and overpressure issues are about as unsafe as you can get with any gun. I am also confident in Wolverine and Kodiak to resolve the issue, but yes...surprised they are not being "proactive " at this point now that more and more issues arise. By proactive I mean reaching out directly to current owners. Not waiting for phone calls and complaints to arise on their own. This is a blatant problem and safety of the rifle is in question.

Just thought I'd add something. As was accused, I dont see where anyone has " thrown a tantrum ". I see legitimate conversation that needs to be disclosed. No one is bashing anyone, just expressing legitimate concerns which we should all share really.
    Last edited by josh1976; 09-02-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    What do you mean by "mortar the rifle"?. I have never heard that.
    Slam the but of a rifle on a hard surface while pulling down on the charging handle. The impact of the collision and momentum of the downward force will sometimes help extract stuck rounds, casings and jam ups.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    What do you mean by "mortar the rifle"?. I have never heard that.
    Sharply (but carefully LOL) slam the buttstock against something (ground, table ect) while holding pressure against the bolt handle to open a stuck bolt. If you say jam a round into the rifling and try to unload it and can't open the bolt by just pulling on the bolt handle you "mortar" to try to get it to open.

BANNED
    Bring the stock to its lowest setting - close it first or you could damage the tube

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post

Aimed at me? I'm throwing a tantrum by discussing the issues and shedding light on what is the most likely cause?
    Nope, mostly at the folks that don't even own one and are already making judgments about the rifle and company after a couple of folks having issues and being taken care of...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    ***update***

Since I had found a couple types of ammo that worked without issue in my WK I decided to take it out again today. Plus I took some cheap crap MFS ammo to try out. Still more of a function checking day than anything but I did manage to try a couple groups with the FP and Winchester ammo.

The good news: The Federal Premium 55gr NBT continued to function perfectly. No pressure signs. Shot right around the 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" group size (5 shots, no cool down between shots) with the 4x scope. I was pretty happy with this. With higher magnification I know I could pull them in tighter. 3 shot groups maybe even better but I didn't try.

The crap MFS ammo functioned perfectly. No pressure signs. Didn't waste my time shooting for accuracy with this as it's complete garbage thats only good for blasting. 100 rounds of it through and it worked as intended.

The bad news: The Winchester White Box 45gr JHP "value pack" ammo that I thought worked good in it (only shot 20 rounds before but it showed no signs of pressure issues) failed to perform in the WK today.

When shooting up to 5 rounds then walking to check target and back then trying another 5 and so on, it showed no issue. Accuracy wasn't anything worth wasting more time on, about 2 1/2" on the couple groups I tried so I moved on.

However once I started blasting some rounds off and getting the gun hot problems started with this ammo. Primer had pressure issues and the case rim was getting chewed up from the extractor which never happened with this ammo until the gun got hot. The extractor didn't chew up any of the other types of ammo either.

Not sure why this ammo was fine while the gun was cooler but caused problems once the gun was hot? Hot or cool gun made no difference with the other ammo types.

Attachment 203124

Attachment 203125

The conclusion: I'm not going to shoot this firearm any more until I get it checked out. The firearm should be able to chew up and spit out anything that you feed it. I'm going to send it back in for a check up. I'm sure Kodiak will get it sorted out.

just wow is all i can say about reading this thread - hopefully the manufacture and distributor will make it right -

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    First off, I'd say an improperly sized chamber is hardly a small detail, and second, it appears this isn't localized to just a couple of rifles.
    While I'm positive both Wolverine and Kodiak stand behind these rifles, I'd be expecting a recall at best, and at the very least some form of notification or acknowledgement by the Manufacturer to warn owners of potential issues, tell-tail signs and diagnosis. Outside of this particular thread, I haven't heard boo on this issue. I'm sure there are many purchasers of this rifle who may not even be aware of the thread or the issue.
    ^^^ This

Hi everyone this is Steve from Kodiak. This was posted last week from John. We understand there is an issue and we are working very diligently to rectify the problem. If you have a problem with your rifle please contact us.

Firstly these are newly manufactured rifles with a warranty, please contact Kodiak defence if you have a problem, we do not expect you to have to fix a problem yourself.

Secondly if you have trouble chambering a round, STOP. Could be a foreign object in the chamber (I had it happen to me with a hunting rifles when a tiny piece of plastic from the cartridge packet was stuck to the round) If you force a round into the chamber you may have a catastrophic failure, something that should be avoided.

I have just had a discussion with Steve at Kodiak and have learnt the following.

In order to source enough chamber reamers (.223 Wylde) Kodiak sourced them from more than one manufacture. All reamers give correct head space but as .223 Wylde is a “new” caliber there are no SAMI specifications for the chamber. We are now seeing that some chambers are “tighter” than others and this is why we are seeing some problems with some ammo. Unfortunately we do not know which rifles were chambered with which reamers.

If you are experiencing any issues at all, please stop shooting with any “suspect ammo” and contact Service@Kodiakdefence.com
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    Fax: (204) 748-1805
    E-mail: John@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakSteve View Post
    Hi everyone this is Steve from Kodiak. This was posted last week from John. We understand there is an issue and we are working very diligently to rectify the problem. If you have a problem with your rifle please contact us.
    Thanks for chiming in here Steve.

I'm not going to shoot my gun anymore. I have a second WK180-C arriving this week and I'm going to inspect it to see if it exhibits the same behavior as well before I contact you.

Hopefully it's just the 1 rifle I have now. Regardless I'll be in touch and let you know.

Thanks
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 09-02-2018 at 08:26 PM.