Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal69 View Post
    I've experienced blown primers and one stuck round where the bullet stayed in the chamber like the OP. I stopped shooting after the one blown primer that left smoke coming out of the rifle everywhere it possibly could. That's when upon examining spent brass I found 4 or 5 more missing primers. The final case had to be removed with a cleaning rod as the extractor pulled the rim off. I like the OP didn't realize the stuck round was the rifles (in the 200 range) fault and that's why I kept shooting. There were some other issues but with the blown primer/stuck case I put it all together and didn't shoot any more. After I tried manually cycling fresh rounds through and sometimes the bolt wouldn't go fully into battery and some were very hard to extract.
    I feel lucky it wasn't worse than just a blown primer and by the tracking my rifle should be in Windsor Tuesday. Not too happy of the extra $45 to ship this back but sure hope it is fixed right and doesn't require more trips.
    I would suggest manually cycling rounds through before shooting to see if your rifle is safe with the ammo on hand.
    So far mixed feelings on the rifle because of this plus a couple other small issues and wish I had seen this posted before now. I do agree people should at least be warned this could be an issue and not left to find out on their own.
    Were you shooting that Federal Independence 5.56 stuff? I've only put .223 Federal through mine with no problems and have come to the conclusion that it might not be a good idea to use 5.56 for the time being. Or the Hornady V max. I guess if you stocked up on the cheapest ammo you could find and don't mind tempting fate, rock on. It would be wise to stick to .223 for the time being and not jeopardize your safety and others around you. DON'T SHOOT FEDERAL INDEPENDENCE IN YOUR WK 180.

If it’s a .223 that’s fine. It’s a nice rifle and I’ll just shoot .223
    Last edited by JeffMan; 09-04-2018 at 01:25 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    If it’s a .223 that’s fine. It’s a nice rifle and I’ll just shoot .223
    It’s not just 5.56 that has had problems. All of my issues occurred with 223 Hornady Varmint Express 55gr Vmax.

I've seen no issues with mine. It likes the Hornady 55 gr steel match the most. Followed by 62 gr green tip.
    I tried an assortment of mags with no issues, the last picture is of the norinco 5.56. Not bad for blasting ammo.

Last edited by 6gm6; 09-04-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Spelling

BANNED
    ^^^^^thanks for the post.....and letting us know the great results you are having!

What optic are you using?

How far are you shooting from?

100m for the group in the first picture, it's a Burris 332.

Nice group! Thanks for posting it up. My groups had been tight but not that tight. That’s me tho. Not the rifles fault.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    My second WK180-C arrived today. I'm heading out soon to try it out and see how she runs compared to my other one. Will post results later

Sorry for the crappy pic
    Attachment 203505

BANNED
    ^^^^^keep us updated!.....fingers crossed no issues

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    ^^^^^keep us updated!.....fingers crossed no issues
    More detailed update coming later I'm still out playing. This one's eating ammo much better

Here's a better pic just for a tease. Loving the decision to use the Troy irons instead of an optic.

Attachment 203518

Thought I'd take a few minutes and post this while I'm letting her cool off a bit. Can't hold the handguard with bare hands