Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 09-05-2018 at 07:25 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    No. You're wrong. Numerous posts on this thread and other WK threads stating the Federal Independence is causing problems is fairly indicative that it's not a good match for 'some' of these rifles.
    I’m not wrong. You are just having difficulty putting A to B to C together.
    Try putting on your critical thinking cap.
    What I’m saying is if you are having issues with any one brand, be it Federal Independence or Hornady V-max, it most likely isn’t just that ammo - It is most likely the chamber that is out of spec. Just because your rifle is feeding and functioning with other factory ammo doesn’t mean that other ammo isn’t also having issues, as brass doesn’t always exhibit signs of over pressure.
    Read through my posts in this thread...it’s all right there...repeatedly. Conduct comparator measurements on your ammunition and measure where that same round runs into the barrel rifling. It will tell you what your leade is measuring out to.

The leade on Wylde chambers are shorter than 5.56nato, but not by much. It should feed and function with all factory ammo .223 and 5.56nato ammo. If it doesn’t you most likely have a problem with your chamber.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Here's hoping they dump the stupid wylde garbage and just get a 5.56 reamer for all future builds.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cranky Pants's Avatar
    N.S.--Not far from the guy who killed bill C-391
    I'm going to the range tomorrow, will definitely be taking a closer look at spent brass and rifle operation, last time I was just excited to break It in and sight it to pay a lot of attention.

Has anyone sent theirs back to Kodiak for checking? If so what was the turnaround?
    "You can't fix stupid but you can bury it."
    CCFR member

Ok. Finally got out to the range with our two rifles.
    Every mag we tried worked. Didn't have any issues. mag pul. C products. IMI. and a few others I can't remember.
    We tried a few different types of ammo. Winchester white box 55 grain fmj. No issues. WInchester Whitebox 45grain hollow points. No issues. Fiocchi 55 grain fmj. no issues. Nosler custom competition 60 grain bt. no issues.
    Then tried a tula steel cased round. Tore off the rim. Had to use a cleaning rod to push the case out. Out of about 200 rounds each after break in each rifle had one failure to extract including the steel case with the torn off rim.

Over all super impressed. Had decent accuracy with some of the ammo that was tried so will buy some more of that. My only real critique is the trigger. I'll be looking into fixing that. either a drop in or by other means.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by schultzie; 09-05-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    -Karl

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Pants View Post
    Has anyone sent theirs back to Kodiak for checking? If so what was the turnaround?
    Kodiak.Steve has said in another thread they expect most to be turned around in 7 days.
    If KodiakSteve is who I originally got an email from he is Stephen Goulet the General Manager.

Mine got there on the 27th so I am hoping they send it back by the end of this week.....
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I just finished sending Kodiak an email regarding sending my first rifle back for a warranty check up. I guess I'll wait and see how she goes.

Also my second rifle seems to be good. I'm going to see if I can pick up a few more different types of ammo to try in it but as of now I see no reason to believe this rifle has any problems.

Hopefully the problems a few guys here have experienced are isolated to only a handful of rifles. Most reports have been good so far.

CGN Regular
    I'm going to the range tomorrow, will definitely be taking a closer look at spent brass and rifle operation, last time I was just excited to break It in and sight it to pay a lot of attenti
    I sent mine back to Kodiak last Wednesday but when I check Canada post tracking it’s not halfway through transit yet. I think they have a slow horse pulling the cart.

CGN frequent flyer
    Nah dog team, steel runners slowing it down, and then just wait till it hits Mississauga transfer warehouse it will sit there for two days��

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    FYI I just had an email from Kodiak. Mine should be done today and mailed back.

Chamber reamed, gas block milled and reparkerized.

Arrived at their facility 27 August at lunchtime.

Looks like 8 Business days turnaround which is pretty awesome service from Kodiak.

Since they have now made a fixture to hold the gas blocks for (re)milling I suspect time could be saved going forward for people sending them in for that purpose.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"