Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    @Smokinyotes & JeffMan

Have either of you guys shot your rifle after getting it back?

I just got around to sending mine out so, while I wait, I'm curious to see how yours are working after getting fixed.

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    I got my WK a few weeks ago fairly low serial number and was worried about some of the issues and wanted it checked for piece of mind.

I contacted Kodiak and they said to send it in. Chad told me they typically can get them in, fix the barrel chamber, install a new extractor, o ring and send it back out in a day. He asked for my shipping address and package dimensions for the upper or if I want to use the original box. I told him I still had the box and he sent me a prepaid shipping label to send it back to them.

It really doesn't get any better then that. I knew being in the first few hundred would be a bit of a beta test and I can normally do work myself but they are doing everything to fix them up. A week or so and I should have it back.
    Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 10-05-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    @Smokinyotes & JeffMan

I just got around to sending mine out so, while I wait, I'm curious to see how yours are working after getting fixed
    Thanks
    I haven’t shot mine since getting it back but I will be trying the 55 gr vmax in it this weekend.

those of us waiting for our rifles are very jealous...Congrats1
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    @Smokinyotes & JeffMan

I just got around to sending mine out so, while I wait, I'm curious to see how yours are working after getting fixed.

Thanks
    I should get mine back Thursday or Friday. I won’t be able to shoot it until the following Thursday. I expect it’ll run like a top.

I’ll post it up when I do.

CGN Regular
    Well after getting mine back from Kodiak I gave it a good cleaning, looks like they test fired it quite a bit. I put 5 rounds of Hornady varmint Express 55 gr vmax ( same stuff that caused the problem originally) in the mag and cycled the live rounds through. No sign of the bullet touching the rifling at all and no spilled powder or stuck bullets.

So I went and put a fresh target up at 100 yards and fired AE 55gr FMJ, Hornady varmint express 55gr vmax, Nosler custom 60gr, Hornady steel match 55 gr hp and Federal premium 55gr ballistic tips.

I shot two 3 shot groups with each type of ammo, allowing the barrel to cool right down between groups. Best 3 shot group today was 1.194” with the Hornady 55gr vmax. Second best group was with the Federal Premium 55gr ballistic tips at 1.436”. Hornady steel match was third at 1.685 “. Nosler custom 60 gr 1.852” and last the AE 55 gr Fmj at 2.09”

I have yet to get groups under an inch. The stock does not ride bags very well and I’m sure groups could be shrunk with a prs stock.

As far as the function of the rifle, it worked great with no problems at all. The pressure signs that I was experiencing prior to sending it to Kodiak have disappeared.

After shooting the groups today I put through another 100 rounds of AE and 50 rounds of Hornady steel match with no problems.

^^^ awesome news!!! That's just what I wanted to hear. Can't wait to get mine back

Got mine back from Kodiak aswell. 1 week turn around was pretty good. Going to the range Monday, will report back then.

Hopefully Kodiak keeps pumping these rifles out. My second preorder is being bought by a friend.

I should have ordered a few more I think.

Honestly, I want one for each member of my family.

I dream of the day when you can walk into a shop and get one off the rack.

Well I got my rifle back. Tried the ammo that was causing me trouble and this time it worked 100%. Absolutely no pressure signs.

I can't say enough about how excellent Kodiak Defense was in handling this. Communication was quick and professional. Return shipping was provided. And the very same day they picked it up they had the chamber reamed and had it sent back out.

Same day turnaround for a warranty claim. Who else does that? Nobody I've dealt with before.

This whole experience shows me just how committed these guys are to providing their customers with a quality product and most importantly, that they stand behind their product 110%

Kodiak Defense is awesome!!!