Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

CGN frequent flyer
    Took WK TO THE RANGE TODAY;

Also experienced major extraction issues shooting Federal off-brand 5.56.

Mangled rims, and 15 failures to extract in 100 rounds. Bolt got stuck in chamber multiple times, with fired and unfired rounds. Took lubrication the bolt while partially in battery and strikes onto the charging handle to release. Firearm was lightly greased with Automatenfett prior to shooting.

Had a couple blown out primers too.

Is this a headspacing issue?
    Last edited by HotSoup; 08-27-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    f:P

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post

Mangled rims, and 15 failures to extract in 100 rounds. Bolt got stuck in chamber multiple times, with fired and struck unfired rounds. Took lubrication the bolt while partially in battery and strikes onto the charging handle to release. Firearm was lightly greased with Automatenfett prior to shooting.

check your bolt head, does the firing pin hole look a little bigger than it should be?

CGN frequent flyer
    ALSO:

2 screws on hanguard came loose while shooting.

Castle nut holding buffer tube also came loose.

Was shooting seated, with a bench rest.

Fair to say my first experience with the rifle was not particularly good.

Took a chunk out of my knucle on the gun, trying to slam the bolt back, and a couple times trying to force it into baterry.

CGN frequent flyer
    Multiple stuck casings. Primers blew out 2-3 times.

Is this rifle safe to shoot?!

https://imgur.com/a/2gMTuyp <---IMAGE

Last edited by HotSoup; 08-27-2018 at 01:05 AM.

CGN Regular

Mangled rims, and 15 failures to extract in 100 rounds. Bolt got stuck in chamber multiple times, with fired and struck unfired rounds. Took lubrication the bolt while partially in battery and strikes onto the charging handle to release. Firearm was lightly greased with Automatenfett prior to shooting.

Not sure if yours has a head spacing issue but mine has had absolutely zero issues until I tried the Hornady 55gr vmax which leads me to believe it’s an ammo issue as everything else has worked great.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    Not sure if yours has a head spacing issue but mine has had absolutely zero issues until I tried the Hornady 55gr vmax which leads me to believe it’s an ammo issue as everything else has worked great.
    It very well could be. It seemed like the 20 rounds of .223 Winchester white box 55g worked flawlessly. I question if any ammo, can catastrophically fail like this though and it ONLY be the ammo. 20/100 rounds is huge.

It doesnt seem to like to strip/chamber rounds off steel mags, when bolt is released from the rear-position. Springs dont seem to have enough power.

PPS - The trigger is probably the worst, most unpleasant trigger I've ever shot. Heavy, sticky 3 stage trigger would best define it. Any suggestions for easy install alternatives?
    Last edited by HotSoup; 08-27-2018 at 12:32 AM.

BANNED
    It very well could be. It seemed like the 20 rounds of .223 Winchester white box 55g worked flawlessly. I question if any ammo, can catastrophically fail like this though and it ONLY be the ammo. 20/100 rounds is huge.
    It very well could be the rifle. Contact Kodiac Defense, they will take care of you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    HotSoup, if you look at the primers on fired rounds that still seem ok does it look like the strike mark from the firing pin is normal or does it look to be a little on the deep side like mine?

I was thinking soft primers on the Hornady ammo but the more I think about it I'm not so sure seeing as I've ran a pile of it through other rifles.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    It very well could be the rifle. Contact Kodiac Defense, they will take care of you.
    I have to take it back one more time to the range. Going to try another brand of 5.56 and gather more data.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    delete
    Last edited by beltfed; 10-04-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast