Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

BANNED
    ^^^^If Kodiak is willing to pay for the return shipping (which they should) definitely send it back for check up

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    ***update***

Now that I have a better idea what's going on here should I simply stick to using ammo that I know is compatible with my WK? It's not the first rifle I've had to figure out what ammo works best in it.

Or should I see if Kodiak wants it back for inspection? Just to be on the safe side.
    Contact Kodiak. Either way they need to be aware of the issue, and if they want to inspect your rifle, they'll let you know.

.223 wylde is a such a joke. Just chamber in 5.56. Its not wolverine's fault that the market calls for it but I wish it wasnt even an option.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Yea, kodiak may want to know that their rifle doesn't shoot within spec ammo and most people won't like the idea their rifle has been chambered incorrectly.
    I would never hold onto that rifle, it's under warranty, get it fixed. It also ruins it's resale value.

It sucks to happen, hopefully you guys get them back quick.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Regular
    Mine is going back to Kodiak to be throated so I can shoot all 223 ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    Mine is going back to Kodiak to be throated so I can shoot all 223 ammo.
    Will this be necessary for all of the WK-180's out there? I got mine but have not had it to range nor do I have a vast knowledge on how to check for these issues. How do I know if something is wrong? Please advise, as I was gonna go by the range this weekend if I can make it out and do the break in procedure per the manual and just some general shooting.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by My Third Eye View Post
    Will this be necessary for all of the WK-180's out there? I got mine but have not had it to range nor do I have a vast knowledge on how to check for these issues. How do I know if something is wrong? Please advise, as I was gonna go by the range this weekend if I can make it out and do the break in procedure per the manual and just some general shooting.
    So far it has only been an issue with the Hornady varmint express 55gr vmax. Avoid this ammo and your rifle should run like a Swiss watch. Your rifle does not need to go back, just don’t shoot the vmax or any ammo with a long COL and long bearing surface. As far as knowing if something is wrong you will know if you inspect your brass, blown or pierced primers are a pretty good indication that something is wrong.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    .223 wylde is a such a joke. Just chamber in 5.56. Its not wolverine's fault that the market calls for it but I wish it wasnt even an option.
    Seriously. My accuracy shooting .223 from 5.56 chambered rifles has been fine. I guess I could squeeze out some tighter groups with this 223 Wylde...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    So far it has only been an issue with the Hornady varmint express 55gr vmax. Avoid this ammo and your rifle should run like a Swiss watch. Your rifle does not need to go back, just don’t shoot the vmax or any ammo with a long COL and long bearing surface. As far as knowing if something is wrong you will know if you inspect your brass, blown or pierced primers are a pretty good indication that something is wrong.
    Nope, see the pics I posted - S&B 69gr 223 (marked 5.56 on case) is the same blowing primers. I measured it against AE 55 bulk and AE 62 and it is also 'long' like the vMax.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    Sorry I missed that Paul. As long as you use ammo with a short bearing surface there shouldn’t be issues.