Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about this. My rifle a long time off but not liking some of the feed back maybe it not worth the money

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    Sorry I missed that Paul. As long as you use ammo with a short bearing surface there shouldn’t be issues.
    Kodiak has my upper now and is going to throw the 'better' reamer into the chamber..... that and mill the gas block a bit for clearance.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by William_mississauga View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. My rifle a long time off but not liking some of the feed back maybe it not worth the money
    It is worth the money IMHO
    Last edited by Paul_T; 08-28-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    Mine is going back to Kodiak to be throated so I can shoot all 223 ammo.
    What is the turnaround time?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Kodiak has my upper now and is going to throw the 'better' reamer into the chamber..... that and mill the gas block a bit for clearance.
    Any idea of the turnaround time?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    What is the turnaround time?
    I never asked but hopefully it’s pretty quick. Kodiak has been great to deal with so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Any idea of the turnaround time?
    No, they just got mine yesterday. Said "warranty work will be top priority" and will not be held back by regular production.

I have been very pleased with the response from Kodiak. The way I look at it with my rifle # being just over 100 is that there are bound to be a few burps with the first bunch......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    The WK180-C is absolutely worth every penny I paid for it. This is a minor issue and I have found much worse things wrong with rifles that have cost much more.

And judging by the comments of the couple guys who have already contacted Kodiak and sent their rifle in I have no doubt that this issue will get looked after.

I have a second WK180-C which has arrived at the dealer (Wolverine) and is currently in shipping and it should be here first of next week.

I'm going to hold off sending back the one I currently have until I try out my second one and see if it has the same "issue" as well, now that I know what I'm looking for.

I've found a couple kinds of ammo that run without issue so in the meantime I'm going to get 2 or 3 more kinds to try.

Kodiak already said reamers were sourced from different manufacturers and there may be differences between them so I'll wait and see if my new one is the same or different. Be curious to know how many they do with each reamer.

Warranty doesn't run out tomorrow so I've got a little time to check out the new one that's on it's way first. If it's the same as the one I've got now I'll send them both back at once.

I'll just throw this out there and say that since the large percentage of people buying the WK180-C will be shooting cheaper bulk .223 or 5.56 through their gun perhaps it should have just been chambered in 5.56 Nato?? Even my Hornady v-max would have worked if it had a Nato chamber.

The Wylde chamber really won't show any of the potential it was designed to have in a rifle that was never designed to be a precision rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Since you mentioned this I decided to take some measurements of the OAL to the lands with common bullets this afternoon after work.
    Measurements are made with a Stoney Point OAL gauge. For those that don't handload, Keep in mind Max. OAL for rounds feeding from a magazine are going to be at or under 2.250" (to an absolute max of 2.260")

Hornady 55 gr. V-Max : 2.290" (notable that there is very little of the body left in the neck - this round would/should be loaded shorter)
    Hornady 55 gr. FMJ-BT W/C : 2.240" (notable that it is well past the canalure, and very little of the body left in the neck - this round would be loaded much shorter)
    Hornady 53 gr. HP Match : 2.312"
    Hornady 68 gr. BTHP : 2.335"
    Hornady 75 gr. BTHP : 2.320"

Sierra 60 gr. HP : 2.295"
    Sierra 63 gr. Semi Point : 2.310"
    Sierra 65 gr. Spritzer Boat Tail : 2.315"
    Sierra 69 gr. SMK HPBT : 2.380"
    Sierra 77 gr. SMK HPBT : 2.400"

Berger 73 gr. LTB : 2.360"

I didn't measure a whole bunch of each to arrive at an average, and as most/many know, measuring the OAL of the round and not to a datum on the Ogive does not give a complete picture, so I'll use a comparitor next.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN Regular
    As jiffx said it’s worth every penny. There is a ton of ammo that will work in this rifle so just because a few don’t it’s no reason to be turned off. Most my Center fires don’t like every type of ammo so I really don’t see it as a big issue. I’m hoping that my second one shows up pretty soon since the first one might be out of commission for a couple weeks.