Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a issue today with my WK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I think the video is pretty informative for WK 180 owners that are having problems with ammo and what they can do about it in the meantime. Maybe the chambers are not to Mr. Wyldes specs but we don't know that yet. He clearly states in the video that the Wylde chamber 'should' have no problem with the 5.56, but it does.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    He clearly states in the video that the Wylde chamber 'should' have no problem with the 5.56, but it does.
    I would argue that whoever made the video doesn't know what they are talking about.
    He is equating issues with an incorrectly cut chamber to that of all Wylde cut chambers which is erroneous as I've proven with the measurements of my own WK chamber.
    My chamber is fine, while other's appear defective.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I should have said 'on his barrel' which would be in line with your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    I would argue that whoever made the video doesn't know what they are talking about.
    He is equating issues with an incorrectly cut chamber to that of all Wylde cut chambers which is erroneous as I've proven with the measurements of my own WK chamber.
    My chamber is fine, while other's appear defective.
    If it was a single barrel or manufacturer that was doing it, I'd agree that it could just be an incorrectly cut chamber. Like I mention in the video, I've reproduced the issue with a few Wylde chambered guns.
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    I would suspect any barrel that can't chamber factory ammo, or that particular lot of ammo.
    In regard to the ammunition I would not expect this coming from a large manufacturer like Hornady, but stranger things have happened. Less so of a smaller producer or ones that do re-manufactured ammo.
    I'd doubt that Hornady would produce anything that would not fit into a saami cut chamber which has less tolerances in the leade diameter and length.
    If you have multiple barrels that are supposedly cut to Wylde and you are having issues with all of them functioning with factory .223 or 5.56 it's most likely your firearm not the ammo.

Last but not least, just because your barrel is marked ".223 Wylde", doesn't make it so.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

I'm betting that his "Wylde" chamber is in reality a .223 chamber. I've several AR15s chambered with a Wylde chamber. I shoot 75gr AMAX bullets with an overall length of 2.490". 55gr VMAX Hornadys would not come even close to touching the lands in any of my Wylde chambered ARs

BANNED
    This whole thread makes my heard hurt......

Can someone please let me know if MORE THAN 1 person is having an issue with ammo?

Or As is stands is it just the OP?

How many have this rifle ?

And how many are having ammo issues?

I shoot my rifles with all types of ammo.....from surplus corrosive garbage to premium gold standard

My rifle better function with all ammo I feed it

And not to mention I expect my LAR and Beowolf mags to work as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    This whole thread makes my heard hurt......

Can someone please let me know if MORE THAN 1 person is having an issue with ammo?

How many have this rifle ?

And how many are having ammo issues?

I shoot my rifles with all types of ammo.....from surplus corrosive garbage to premium gold standard

My rifle better function with all ammo I feed it

And not to mention I expect my LAR and Beowolf mags to work as well
    In my WK I shot Norinco 5.56 that would chamber and fire reliably.

However, inserting a round by racking the bolt, and then racking the bolt again to extract without firing would result in a slightly more difficult to extract round. I found this to be unusual as I routinely press check my C8 - not something I could do with the WK loaded with 5.56

I thought it could be due to the ammo.

That is to say; my serial number 2X rifle runs well but I suspect the 5.56 is engaging the lands upon chambering.

I have little concern as I’ve not had bullet separation as of yet.
    Last edited by JeffMan; 08-30-2018 at 10:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post

I have pressure issues in mine from 69 grain S&B 223 (headstamped 5.56). Primers are blowing at the firing pin hole. Rounds fed and fired and extracted just fine.

Suspect it is a short throat - getting re-reamed at Kodiak now (and the gas block milled down a bit). Serial # in the 110 - 115 range
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    I had blown/pierced primers with Hornady 55gr vmax. Rifle is on its way back to Kodiak to be throated and a new firing pin.