Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMMG .22lr proprietary conversions

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten316 View Post
    Can’t find the email but I asked cmmg if the 9” dedicated barrel was stamped .22lr and they said it is stamped or engraved . Also arms east said they could bring it in if I wanted.
    Thats good to go then, because it’s only designed for 22LR if it’s stamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlerifleelitist View Post
    What about those conversion bolts?
    The ones where you pull out your 5.56 bolt, put in the .22lr bolt with the integrated chamber and drop in a new magazine and away you go.
    That should still be plenty good.
    Not if you want a short barrelled 22LR, since you’d be using a centerfire capable barrel.

I found the pictures they sent me of the 9” barrel if someone wants to post it I can email it just pm. It’s clearly engraved or stamped .22lr.

Delete

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCyaba View Post
    I use a cmmg 22 kit in my troy par sp I have no doubt it will work in the slr or ms
    You mean a bolt kit or a barrel kit? Either way it remains NR because it’s a pump action, semis have centerfire barrel length restrictions that make the CMMG drop in kit only NR if it’s used with a +18.6” 223 barrel.

What we are after is dedicated 22LR uppers with barrels shorter then 18.6”, and from what Tungsten316 posted the CMMG barrels will work.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    you. Are. A. legend.
    Just a reminder, with a carbine buffer tube and a regular upper reciever you need a 10” barrel to have 26” OAL to remain NR.

Edit: I feel terrible saying that, but it’s the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Just a reminder, with a carbine buffer tube and a regular upper reciever you need a 10” barrel to have 26” OAL to remain NR.

Edit: I feel terrible saying that, but it’s the truth.
    True.....but.....if the stock is fixed then.....

Think Kel-tec KSG, Rossi ranch, etc.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN frequent flyer
    True.....but.....if the stock is fixed then.....

Think Kel-tec KSG, Rossi ranch, etc.
    You could be right, but it can fire without the stock (just needs a buffer tube). And those have a NR status because they leave the factory that way, I don’t know if building your own would work.

I’m not a dream killer, I just don’t want anyone breaking the law without realizing and jeopardizing our NR sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    You could be right, but it can fire without the stock (just needs a buffer tube). And those have a NR status because they leave the factory that way, I don’t know if building your own would work.

I’m not a dream killer, I just don’t want anyone breaking the law without realizing and jeopardizing our NR sets.
    For sure, i couldnt afree more. I might have to machine some sort of setup myself. Maybe a non-collapsing version of NEAs ccs.....we'll see. Anyone have a 7.5" NEA15 they would be willing to measure up for me? Fully extended of course xD
    I am a kit hor(der)

So I could be wrong.....but according to the numbers I'm seeing it's 21 inches for a fully collapsed 7.5" AR with the ccs.
    With the extra 1.5" on the barrel and fully extended CCS that comes to 26.25?? I have no issues tac welding a nub (pretty much permanent according to regs? Or would roll pins be Okay?) on each rod in order to prevent telescoping.
    Thoughts?
    I am a kit hor(der)

For sure, i couldnt afree more. I might have to machine some sort of setup myself. Maybe a non-collapsing version of NEAs ccs.....we'll see. Anyone have a 7.5" NEA15 they would be willing to measure up for me? Fully extended of course xD
    Actually I’ve got one at home I can measure tonight for you .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast