Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CMMG .22lr proprietary conversions

CGN frequent flyer
    One issue is a 22LR Barrel is shorter then a 223 barrel even if they were both 9”. This is due to the rifling going back into the reciever to meet the BCG on the 22LR kits (the chamber is further back into the receiver then on centerfire uppers). So my 11.5” 22LR barrel is the same as a 10” 223 Barrel for length past the receiver.

CMMG may measure differently, but this is true for Spikes and Walther/Umarex (they make the Colt M4 and HK416 22LR rifles).

Hope that makes sense.

I believe in Canada we measure from the closed bolt face to end of the rifling .

The nea ccs stock is 8 5/8 fully extended for m305 guy.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten316 View Post
    I believe in Canada we measure from the closed bolt face to end of the rifling .

The nea ccs stock is 8 5/8 fully extended for m305 guy.
    Yes for barrel length you are correct. But OAL is all that matters for 22LR semis and it has to be 26” when fully collapsed if it’s a non factory configuration (I asked the lab today).

CGN frequent flyer

This is a 7.5” NEA 300 BLK Barrel up top.
    An 11.5” Spikes 22LR Barrel on bottom.

See how the 11.5” is the complete barrel, because the barrel is measured well past the ring that butts up to the reciever, the barrel only extends 10” past the reciever, where the top barrel extends past 7” of the 7.5” measurement. Hopefully this helps explain what I mean in regards to OAL and 22LR AR Barrel lengths.

I get what you’re saying now . I think with an a2 stock of approx 10.75” the 9” barrel might still just barely pass the oal . Your spikes barrel would be good though right?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten316 View Post
    I get what you’re saying now . I think with an a2 stock of approx 10.75” the 9” barrel might still just barely pass the oal . Your spikes barrel would be good though right?
    I have a fixed Magpul Carbine stock, it bolts on so not easily removable. With that it is, just barely. I’m basing that on the NR sets having the same length dimensions as the AR15 sets I have.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Yes for barrel length you are correct. But OAL is all that matters for 22LR semis and it has to be 26” when fully collapsed if it’s a non factory configuration (I asked the lab today).
    Guess I will have to get ATRS to factory assemble my fixed stock 4.5" PDW .22LR...
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Guess I will have to get ATRS to factory assemble my fixed stock 4.5" PDW .22LR...
    I wonder if you could get ATRS to write something up saying it’s a factory configuration, then you could go as short as you want if the stock is fixed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I wonder if you could get ATRS to write something up saying it’s a factory configuration, then you could go as short as you want if the stock is fixed.
    I will certainly be bringing it up next time I visit.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I guess maybe it's time I get my manufacturing license lol
    I am a kit hor(der)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123