Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Handgun Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    OK, here is the issue. When Liberals came out the first time with the idea of handgun ban after the Toronto shooting, I was at the range in Mission, B.C. and asked the guys who were there if they knew about it. Out of 11 people, only 2 knew and that included myself. When C-71 was introduced, I asked one board member of the same club if they will issue any form of information notice to its members, he told me they have a guy that "could put something on facebook". The least each club can do, is send a bulletin out to all members and by doing so, they would reach huge number of people but no, not here in Canada. Not all but certainly a lot of our gun clubs are run by people who combine complacency, arrogance and stupidity into one package. I would highly doubt they realize there will hardly be gun clubs without guns.
    My point exactly, as club members get involved, spread the information. If your gun club will not be active, then become a director, make the change from the inside.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 08-29-2018 at 08:16 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My point exactly, as club members get involved, spread the information.
    Clubs are the first to push for silly stupid rules, like no rapid fire, or no more than 1 bullet in the mag, or mandatory chamber flags when guns are racked. What do you really expect from them ? Most of the directors are retired and don't have much to lose in a gun ban, or are plain skeet fudd. They probably hates the guts out of the latest kid in the club coming to do a mag dump on their beat up SKS.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    We are hosting a fund raiser with our Member of Parliament on the 8th. Pistol shooting.
    On the 22nd, there will be about 50 women participating in our Ladies' Day. They will be shooting .22 pistols in the morning and ARs after lunch. Many will never have fired a gun before.

Outreach is possible, it is just a matter of doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    Clubs are the first to push for silly stupid rules, like no rapid fire, or no more than 1 bullet in the mag, or mandatory chamber flags when guns are racked. What do you really expect from them ? Most of the directors are retired and don't have much to lose in a gun ban, or are plain skeet fudd. They probably hates the guts out of the latest kid in the club coming to do a mag dump on their beat up SKS.

Remarkable difference!

Then the time has come for you to gather your fellow like minded club members, read your club constitution, attend your club AGM or call a meeting, bring up your concerns and vote in some "new blood". Remember if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Your future as a hand gun owner is in your hands. Don't blame anyone else if you are not active. Again education is the key.

BANNED
    We need a Canadian version of Alex Jones.....will you be our guy Mr. Wolverine?

This country got it all wrong back in 1867..we should have truly cared about real freedoms then..obviously we didnt..here we are now...we only have ourselves to blame. This BS most likely will only get worse.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

Well said Sir.

Its a daily struggle to educate those who dont understand.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Then the time has come for you to gather your fellow like minded club members, read your club constitution, attend your club AGM or call a meeting, bring up your concerns and vote in some "new blood". Remember if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Your future as a hand gun owner is in your hands. Don't blame anyone else if you are not active. Again education is the key.
    Frack no. I'm going to shoot on crown land. Do you realize that I'm going shooting to be left the heck alone, I don't want to have to deal with people and certainly not get in politics.

Btw, thanks to throw me under the bus.

Super Moderator
    Frack no. I'm going to shoot on crown land. Do you realize that I'm going shooting to be left the heck alone, I don't want to have to deal with people and certainly not get in politics.

Btw, thanks to throw me under the bus.
    OK, you shoot on public land. So, you aren't a pistol shooter, and a handgun ban wouldn't make any difference to your shooting activity.

Last edited by ghostie; 04-20-2020 at 01:22 AM.