Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liberal Handgun Ban?

Couldn’t agree more. Problem is the majority of people have no knowledge of guns and have never shot one before, so when the liberals push the scary gun narrative, everyone buys into it. I think one of the best things we can do is to get people completely unfamiliar with guns, our to the range to shoot. Teach them all the basics of safety and handling. And 9 times out of 10 they have such a good time they’re already looking forward to their next trip back! I’ve taken out many first time shooters before and almost all of them have at least softened their views on guns, if not completely changed it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Going to have to book the RPAL course in my city...
    I'm new to guns, just have a rifle for hunting. What is a good, entry-level handgun to get started with (total noob question)?
    I've only shot a desert eagle in Vegas at the Gun Store a few years ago, that kicked more than my 30-06!
    Cheers!
    Pick up a .22lr semi. You can get into something like a Browning Buckmark, S&W victory, or Ruger MKIV for not too much (Wolverine has a decent selection of .22lr handguns). They'll shoot well and last you a long time, vs just buying something cheap so you can say you have a pistol. I'd stay away from the .22lr 1911s, they're plagued with issues.

Don't buy a Tokarev. They're terrible pistols to learn on. Lol

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    Stack 'em deep! I've been buying as many as I can possibly afford lately.

So is it pretty much that you will no longer be able to buy handguns and be grandfathered to the ones you currently own? Or would it be outright confiscation and theft of property?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

I certainly hope its the first one. If not I wouldn't want to be the officer walking up my steps telling me to hand over my handguns. I shudder to think what some others would do. It wouldn't be pretty and would not go smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    So is it pretty much that you will no longer be able to buy handguns and be grandfathered to the ones you currently own? Or would it be outright confiscation and theft of property?

Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    No one can answer your hypothetical question with an accurate answer, any answer you may get will be either pure B--- S--- or speculation.

Based on past experience when firearms have been prohibited different procedures have been followed, they have included the following:

Prohibited, you have 90 days to sell, export or surrender to the authorities, no grandfathering and no compensation paid. For example the HK SP89 and Pauza 50 cal rifle. I had both!
    Prohibited, you have to re-register in the new class and if you do you are "Grandfathered" and can keep them. For example "Converted automatics" I have several, can no longer take to the range and are devalued, no matter what some may tell you.
    Prohibited, you have to re-register in the new class and if you do you are "Grandfathered" and can keep them. You can also transfer to close next of kin. For example "prohib hand guns" manufactured before 1946, I have several.
    Prohibited, you have 90 days to sell, export or surrender to the authorities, no grandfathering and compensation was paid. No first hand experience, but I believe this did happen to a small number of Benille shotguns.

I do not have a restricted license. However i feel for the potential threat to peoples hobbies, investments etc. I also realized everytime you pull a brick from the wall it gets weaker. The liberal's have been pulling bricks from outlr sport and hobby. I am hoping that with their slide in polling, loss of support in the country side, various shifts in provincial politics that they actually table legislation aimed at the criminal. Not the law abiding citizens. However we are an easy target because we sadly abide by the law. Which makes us better people than the ones currently in power

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Based on past experience when firearms have been prohibited different procedures have been followed, they have included the following:

Prohibited, you have 90 days to sell, export or surrender to the authorities, no grandfathering and no compensation paid. For example the HK SP89 and Pauza 50 cal rifle. I had both!
    Prohibited, you have to re-register in the new class and if you do you are "Grandfathered" and can keep them. For example "Converted automatics" I have several, can no longer take to the range and are devalued, no matter what some may tell you.
    Prohibited, you have to re-register in the new class and if you do you are "Grandfathered" and can keep them. You can also transfer to close next of kin. For example "prohib hand guns" manufactured before 1946, I have several.
    Prohibited, you have 90 days to sell, export or surrender to the authorities, no grandfathering and compensation was paid. No first hand experience, but I believe this did happen to a small number of Benille shotguns.
    I agree with your statements. When they decided to reclassify a certain particular type of firearm (ex. Benille shotguns, HK SP89 and Pauza 50), and it seems the numbers out there may be feasible for law enforcement to seize & confiscate, they seem to side with the option of the 90 days to sell, export or surrender, option. But when the numbers out there are so significant and overwhelming for authorities to seize & confiscate, they appear to opt with the "grandfathering" option. For example the cz858, there are so many cz858s out there since they were being sold as far back as 2005, it would be an impossible task. When you think of the numbers of handguns out there, that have been sold over so many years, the "grandfathering" option seems like a more feasible option for authorities. But hopefully, nothing comes of it and everything remains status quo, and bill C71 dies in the last senate reading.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zman75 View Post
    I do not have a restricted license. However i feel for the potential threat to peoples hobbies, investments etc. I also realized everytime you pull a brick from the wall it gets weaker. The liberal's have been pulling bricks from outlr sport and hobby. I am hoping that with their slide in polling, loss of support in the country side, various shifts in provincial politics that they actually table legislation aimed at the criminal. Not the law abiding citizens. However we are an easy target because we sadly abide by the law. Which makes us better people than the ones currently in power
    Go and get your RPAL. You could be stop of getting it if some kind of law are passed, dont chance not having one, same as not having at least one restricted, you could be screw for the rest of your life buying restricteds..

Those are heavy chances to take to save money.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

The Canadian government, no matter which party controls the house, is an assembly of cowards. Grandfathering will always be the preferred course of action for cost considerations, danger to officers, and legal standing for affected people to sue for compensation. That shouldn't be of solace to anyone - it's just a blanket prohibition plan in generational phases.