Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Handgun Ban?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    OK, you shoot on public land. So, you aren't a pistol shooter, and a handgun ban wouldn't make any difference to your shooting activity.
    "Assault weapon ban" would, as it would likely target any non-restricted semi-auto.

Last edited by ghostie; 04-20-2020 at 01:22 AM.

CGN Regular
    Of the 3 ranges ive belonged to in the past 25 years, close to where i live, NONE have a policy to let you bring a non member in to shoot, to see if they like it or not. I have a bunch of non shooters that would like to try it at least. One range has a guest policy but absolutely no shooting.. All claim because of liability. You'd have to purchase a membership to have access, plus most directors, are fudds, don't like any kind of rapid fire or standing to do shooting...they dont know why anyone would shoot more than 5 rounds, period. I pretty much gave up going after last confrontation with president of gun club/owner of land. Didn't like time of day i started shooting (7am) out in the country despite range rules saying (daylight to sunset) "neighbours complaining of noise) "why you shooting fast"? yada yada. I know i'm preaching to the choir here but a lot in the shooting community are our own worst enemy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    We need a Canadian version of Alex Jones.....will you be our guy Mr. Wolverine?
    No we dont. We definitely don't. We need a Colion Noir and to trade a Nathalie Provost for a Suzzanna Hupp.

We need to fire the Commissioner of RCMP and replace her with a David Clarke, and replace the Toronto Chief of Police with James Craig, the current Detroit police Chief.

What does Craig think about terrorist attacks in his fair city? https://m.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2015/12/02/detroit-police-chief-terrorists-dont-####-with-detroiters-because-we-all-carry-guns
    Can you imagine the anyone calling for a handgun ban with that guy as the chief?

I suspect not one gun owner in 1,000 knows who those four people are.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Make me a bumper sticker. A great big MOFO. Someone help out here...
    Infowars.com
    thesurvivalpodcast.com
    If you have a problem, and you think someone else is going to fix it for you; you actually have two problems.

Last edited by ghostie; 04-20-2020 at 01:22 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    Andrew Limp-wristed Scheer, aka The Wimp - Conservative Party of Canada Leader
    Fixed that for you...

Last edited by ghostie; 04-20-2020 at 01:23 AM.

CGN Regular
    Well said John. I think this is the best thing we can do right now. More people don’t own guns than people who do and I think most people don’t understand the positive things about legal sport / recreational shooting. People that aren’t “in the know” or are uneducated on the topic will almost certainly jump on the handgun ban / “assault weapon” ban bandwagon because they hear it will make the public safer because they don’t know or don’t care as it has no personal effect on them. There seems to be a lot of negative media about firearms lately and that has an effect on public opinion. We are some of the most law abiding citizens in this country but that’s not what the average person thinks of when gun control is brought up.
    Last edited by theayeman; 08-29-2018 at 10:55 PM.

I see only two possible ways out of this. When push comes to shove, the only true way we win the war (and not just the battle of the day) is either: 1) a Supreme Court Challenge claiming the firearms laws as they are infringe on our right to life, liberty, security, etc., and/or 2) civil disobedience.

Is 1) possible? I don't know. I'm not a lawyer, but could we crowd source fund such a thing?

As for 2), if they ban guns, what would they do if we ALL refused to turn them over? What if we hid them and refused to provide them? What if we then carefully planned days when we would go in large groups and shoot them all together at a range? Could they arrest all of us?
    Last edited by BlueSkyDreams; 08-29-2018 at 11:47 PM.