Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Handgun Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    A few here voted liberals, they have been very silent lately
    I believe for a lot of people, there's a lot more they consider when voting Liberal. In terms of the last election and only the last election, I hate to say it, but Trudeau was far from the worst candidate..
    While our guns might be in a better spot if he didn't win, and while I disagree with a lot of what he's done since he's been elected, I still feel this may have been a lesser evil. I also want to specify I didn't vote Liberal, but can't live in a world of fake news and exaggeration where he's the worst thing to ever happen to us based on wild speculation.

I'm being optimistic here, but Trudeau said a couple of weeks ago he doesn't want to bring back a long gun registry (although C-71 kind of includes one, I know.. and C-71 sucks) and as far as I can tell, he hasn't yet come out in support of a handgun ban. I believe he was pressured from the Liberal public to take some kind of action, so looking into a study was the least he could do. If I'm right, the study will come to the conclusion that a ban is not the right move and we'll all move up and onwards from here.

Yes we'll still have C-71 to worry about, but I am honestly not too worried about an imminent gun ban.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    It's really unfortunate to say this, but Sheer's voting history is really going to mess with the chances of a CPC win in 2019. I have no problem with what he's currently doing and what he currently wants to fight for, but I can't help but cringe when looking at his parliamentary record and voting history. Luckily I can distinguish his past from what he wants for Canada's future, but I can't blame anyone for being weary of supporting him based on his past.

I think CPC would be much better off with someone else at the helm in terms of gaining buy-in from the majority of Canadians. For us, Sheer is fine. But again, I totally understand where people are coming from when they're weary on supporting him.
    I can't understand why people are weary - can you explain his negative voting record ? What specifically has he done that brings doubt to you ? I ask in the most polite way

Quote Originally Posted by BAAC View Post
    Agree, Mr. W.

"If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
    ― Carl Sandburg

The law is against us, but the facts are on our side. So, argue the facts... and pound the table. Constantly draw attention to the facts - the reality that takes away the fear.

The Liberals are arguing the fear, because fear is a short-cut to compliance. Rob them of the fear, and people will resent them for fear-mongering and treating them like children. Use their fear against them.

Information is our path to victory, fear to defeat. Stop hiding in the shadows.
    This, except make the third option - "reason with them" People won't want to hear gun owners rant on.

Better yet - try to draw the public's attention to the real issues, the issues the liberal government created this wedge issue to detract from. NOW is the time to get involved, it's definitely not too late

Licenced gun owners have a long history of peaceful coexistence, we have every reason to be confident

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    OK, here is the issue. When Liberals came out the first time with the idea of handgun ban after the Toronto shooting, I was at the range in Mission, B.C. and asked the guys who were there if they knew about it. Out of 11 people, only 2 knew and that included myself. When C-71 was introduced, I asked one board member of the same club if they will issue any form of information notice to its members, he told me they have a guy that "could put something on facebook". The least each club can do, is send a bulletin out to all members and by doing so, they would reach huge number of people but no, not here in Canada. Not all but certainly a lot of our gun clubs are run by people who combine complacency, arrogance and stupidity into one package. I would highly doubt they realize there will hardly be gun clubs without guns.
    Another good question in light of your infomation. Would be to ask how many belong to a "Gun Org". I would be interested as to the answers you get.
    CCFR, CSSA Member

I you live in the west your vote doesn't count, the eastern province always vote in the Pms. Even when Harper won his last election he only had 35% of the popular vote.

But I ask this, will the Conservative party come to help us if they gain power, I think not

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    I believe for a lot of people, there's a lot more they consider when voting Liberal. In terms of the last election and only the last election, I hate to say it, but Trudeau was far from the worst candidate..
    While our guns might be in a better spot if he didn't win, and while I disagree with a lot of what he's done since he's been elected, I still feel this may have been a lesser evil. I also want to specify I didn't vote Liberal, but can't live in a world of fake news and exaggeration where he's the worst thing to ever happen to us based on wild speculation.

I'm being optimistic here, but Trudeau said a couple of weeks ago he doesn't want to bring back a long gun registry (although C-71 kind of includes one, I know.. and C-71 sucks) and as far as I can tell, he hasn't yet come out in support of a handgun ban. I believe he was pressured from the Liberal public to take some kind of action, so looking into a study was the least he could do. If I'm right, the study will come to the conclusion that a ban is not the right move and we'll all move up and onwards from here.

Yes we'll still have C-71 to worry about, but I am honestly not too worried about an imminent gun ban.
    wow, just wow.

Well there we have it, our problem in a nutshell.
    I will ignore every person here that actively or passively supports the liberal party, support or are friends with Justin Turdhole, and any legislation aimed at increasing gun control. I will never purchase nor sell any items from/to those individuals.

CGN Regular
    ghostie

I recently joined the Conservative party in support of Max. I even voted for him in the leadership election. Now I find myself on the fence. But I do see the logic in sticking with the CPC. Although I find it to be the lesser of two evils. However the idea of another Liberal government. Is just not an alternative for our community.
    CCFR, CSSA Member

I did convince my son In law to take my daughter to the range in WestEd . Hi's parents are from northern Manitoba, accountants not anti gun but not gun owners. Last night he took one of his younger sister . She was nervous at the beginning but she like to do it again in the near future. His other sister wants to have the same experience. So this summer along with my son I have directed 5 people. To the sport . In law is tight with his money but thats ok I was the same at that age. If our dollar was on par with the American dollar we would have more shooters in the Hobby Sports, Hunting. So yes more than 2,000,000, gun owners another 5,000,000 not documented, and family and friends . Looks like silent coup, or political suicide.

Well, I'm a member of the CSSA. Love the free magazine. As soon as I get home I will be joining the CCFA. I was a member for a year but my membership has lapsed. And I will be joining the NFA ( don't know anything about them, but at this point I don't care)
    Our MP in my riding is Conservative. I'm going to set up an appointment with him and let him know why I voted for him. I will offer to help him in any way I can.
    I like the idea of the local gun stores getting involved.
    I will talk to them as well.
    I would like to encourage anyone reading this to do as much as this or more.
    cssa,ccfr,ofah