Page 1 of 32 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Handgun Ban?

Liberal Handgun Ban?

Liberal handgun ban, could it happen? Yes I honestly believe it could. Everyone said the long gun registry would never happen but it did. Look at Australia and the UK, they were complacent there as well.

Now you all expect me to tell you to start writing to your politicians, then I get people asking me for “Form Letters” and let’s start a petition, the end result is very little happens. Why? Well this is Canada, we always react after the fact, “To Little and To Late” should be our motto. Most of us end up preaching to the choir which achieves nothing other than maybe further splintering a very diverse group of gun owners that can never agree on anything.

I believe one of the major issues that gun owners face is that the only time our neighbours and non gun owners hear about us in the press is when a criminal commits a criminal act with a gun. As gun owners we keep a low profile, keep quiet and maybe they will go away and pick on someone else.

Well as Canadian gun owners we are all destined to go the way of the dinosaurs unless we can educate the vast majority that do not own firearms, have no knowledge of firearms or firearm regulations and quite honestly don’t really care as a handgun ban has no personal affect on them. If they read in a newspaper that a handgun ban will make our streets safer of course they will support it. This is our target (no pun intended) audience time to educate them.

It is time gun owners, related businesses, and most of all gun clubs crawled out of the wood work and showed themselves. We are the law abiding responsible citizens, not the thugs and gang members that commit crimes.

Gun Clubs need to start listing their open hours, membership recruitment (If applicable) next competition dates, host family days, invite a friend day, have kids day. Before and after every event get a report in the local newspaper, make full use of social media. If your club is unwilling to get some publicity get on to your directors, maybe time to call a general meeting. After all if handguns are banned we do not need gun clubs, they will cease to exist.

Gun clubs and firearm businesses should host Cooperate Team Building days, these are great fun and really open a lot of eyes.

Time to start educating non gun owners that legal hand gun owners are not the problem in Canada and taking our guns will solve nothing.

If banning our legal handguns will make Canada safer, I assume the RCMP and all Police Forces will stop carrying handguns, why would they need them ?

Time to start educating the non gun owners that the Liberals believe in prohibiting private legally owned registered possessions.

PS
    PAL instructors should advertise their courses, "How to own a legal handgun" anything to make us known to the general public.

Everyone is welcome to post this anywhere in social media.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 08-29-2018 at 06:24 PM.

BANNED
    Thank you for this John.....just last week I got a friend to make his first restricted purchase.

Also been pushing hard for friends to take their RPAL course.

People just don't get the magnitude of what is going on......i spoke to a 63 year old co worker last nite for a few hours about this. He's an avid shooter of pistol and trap, he just writes it off as a ban will never happen. Then get mad at me for preaching it lol

It's hard to get it thru a lot of people's brains...especially the older generation I know
    Last edited by Ironheart; 08-29-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Super Moderator
    We are hosting a fund raiser with our Member of Parliament on the 8th. Pistol shooting.
    On the 22nd, there will be about 50 women participating in our Ladies' Day. They will be shooting .22 pistols in the morning and ARs after lunch. Many will never have fired a gun before.

Outreach is possible, it is just a matter of doing it.

the friendlyist dictatorship in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Liberal handgun ban, could it happen? Yes I honestly believe it could. Everyone said the long gun registry would never happen but it did. Look at Australia and the UK, they were complacent there as well.

Now you all expect me to tell you to start writing to your politicians, then I get people asking me for “Form Letters” and let’s start a petition, the end result is very little happens. Why? Well this is Canada, we always react after the fact, “To Little and To Late” should be our motto. Most of us end up preaching to the choir which achieves nothing other than maybe further splintering a very diverse group of gun owners that can never agree on anything.

I believe one of the major issues that gun owners face is that the only time our neighbours and non gun owners hear about us in the press is when a criminal commits a criminal act with a gun. As gun owners we keep a low profile, keep quiet and maybe they will go away and pick on someone else.

Well as Canadian gun owners we are all destined to go the way of the dinosaurs unless we can educate the vast majority that do not own firearms, have no knowledge of firearms or firearm regulations and quite honestly don’t really care as a handgun ban has no personal affect on them. If they read in a newspaper that a handgun ban will make our streets safer of course they will support it. This is our target (no pun intended) audience time to educate them.

It is time gun owners, related businesses, and most of all gun clubs crawled out of the wood work and showed themselves. We are the law abiding responsible citizens, not the thugs and gang members that commit crimes.

Gun Clubs need to start listing their open hours, membership recruitment (If applicable) next competition dates, host family days, invite a friend day, have kids day. Before and after every event get a report in the local newspaper, make full use of social media. If your club is unwilling to get some publicity get on to your directors, maybe time to call a general meeting. After all if handguns are banned we do not need gun clubs, they will cease to exist.

Gun clubs and firearm businesses should host Cooperate Team Building days, these are great fun and really open a lot of eyes.

Time to start educating non gun owners that legal hand gun owners are not the problem in Canada and taking our guns will solve nothing.

If banning our legal handguns will make Canada safer, I assume the RCMP and all Police Forces will stop carrying handguns, why would they need them ?

Time to start educating the non gun owners that the Liberals believe in prohibiting private legally owned registered possessions.

PS
    PAL instructors should advertise their courses, "How to own a legal handgun" anything to make us known to the general public.

Everyone is welcome to post this anywhere in social media.
    you got that right we need to be proactive instead of reactive start holding our heads high thanks lbo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

I respectfully disagree.

The single issue that promotes gun bans is those willing to sacrifice freedoms and rights for safety. They feel that they have no need to provide safety for themselves because the government can, and any loss of freedom and rights that allows the government to do this is acceptable.

Proof is in Australia and the UK: like us they are still "attached" to the monarchy, the hereditary ruler that mustered the army to protect the people, and look to that concept for protection. Proof is the same people who want to ban guns are also willing to commit racism, hatred and discrimination to tantrum loud enough to make the government protect them.

It is not the American Second Amendment that protects US gun ownership, but that a government looked to its own citizens to provide their own protection and therefor write the 2nd amendment, that does.

Writing politicians and getting gun owners in a positive light with all of Canada is only buying time, nothing more.

Only getting Canad to feel its citizens have to be independent, self-reliant and self-protective so that the government is forced to actually write true protection of life, freedoms and rights laws will be a decent dam to the onslaught.

Proof is also in the attitudes of those at the gun range who won't even try to get an appointment with their MP, let alone think about the lack of right to your own life we have in Canada...

... but that's just my opinion.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

My club sponsors gardens and a highway nearby. Every bit counts
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

1x away from dictatorship Canada; no vote for PM, for Premiers, no elected Senate, no provincial Senates. No recall, balloting, or municipal home rule, 0 checks & balances. Imposition at every turn, a study in manufactured consent. Canadians have vision, stymied by the status quo

CGN frequent flyer
    OK, here is the issue. When Liberals came out the first time with the idea of handgun ban after the Toronto shooting, I was at the range in Mission, B.C. and asked the guys who were there if they knew about it. Out of 11 people, only 2 knew and that included myself. When C-71 was introduced, I asked one board member of the same club if they will issue any form of information notice to its members, he told me they have a guy that "could put something on facebook". The least each club can do, is send a bulletin out to all members and by doing so, they would reach huge number of people but no, not here in Canada. Not all but certainly a lot of our gun clubs are run by people who combine complacency, arrogance and stupidity into one package. I would highly doubt they realize there will hardly be gun clubs without guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

The single issue that promotes gun bans is those willing to sacrifice freedoms and rights for safety. They feel that they have no need to provide safety for themselves because the government can, and any loss of freedom and rights that allows the government to do this is acceptable.

Proof is in Australia and the UK: like us they are still "attached" to the monarchy, the hereditary ruler that mustered the army to protect the people, and look to that concept for protection. Proof is the same people who want to ban guns are also willing to commit racism, hatred and discrimination to tantrum loud enough to make the government protect them.

It is not the American Second Amendment that protects US gun ownership, but that a government looked to its own citizens to provide their own protection and therefor write the 2nd amendment, that does.

Writing politicians and getting gun owners in a positive light with all of Canada is only buying time, nothing more.

Only getting Canad to feel its citizens have to be independent, self-reliant and self-protective so that the government is forced to actually write true protection of life, freedoms and rights laws will be a decent dam to the onslaught.

Proof is also in the attitudes of those at the gun range who won't even try to get an appointment with their MP, let alone think about the lack of right to your own life we have in Canada...

... but that's just my opinion.
    I don't think that we are disagreeing, we are both working for the same end result. You are advocating the long term goal, to achieve that you need time, my proposal will give you time.

We need a combined effert working along all available avenues, this will complement our efferts. I do not see a right or wrong approach, our strength is in a combined effert.

The bottom line is to bring non gun owners on side, to make them see that a handgun ban will not make our society a safer place to live in. Let's work to a common goal that makes sense to non gun owners as well as gun owners.

I am trying to get all my friends and family into the sport and am helping them get their PALs... and literally most and almost all the people that came out to the range to shoot with me loved it and saw that media and the liberals are lying about guns... and that guns are fun and gun owners are ultra responsible... we all should share our knowledge and love of this sport.. Mr Wolverine is absolutely right..
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

Page 1 of 32 1234567891121 ... LastLast