Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10202223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liberal Handgun Ban?

I agree, let's celebrate and buy more restricted guns tonight. great idea.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    I agree, let's celebrate and buy more restricted guns tonight. great idea.
    Gets my vote.

You can please yourself. Personally, I have been buying as many restricteds as I possibly can. 3 handguns so far lately and that's just because 3 are all I can afford right now and I already have a large number of restricteds. You may find yourself in a position where, by not buying now, you may never be able to buy restricteds. Perhaps you should reconsider and at least buy one. Then you will at least be in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MackTruckTough View Post
    I took the Restricted Course last year and have not upgraded my PAL to include restricted. I know I would go out and Blow at least $3-5K on Restricted product immediately. My reluctance is not the spending of the capitol rather the possibility of me having to turn in my purchases without compensation. I won`t even spend the $80 for the PAL upgrade. Once this gets ironed out I plan to proceed and enter the restricted world.
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by BR427 View Post
    You can please yourself. Personally, I have been buying as many restricteds as I possibly can. 3 handguns so far lately and that's just because 3 are all I can afford right now and I already have a large number of restricteds. You may find yourself in a position where, by not buying now, you may never be able to buy restricteds. Perhaps you should reconsider and at least buy one. Then you will at least be in the game.
    I agree with this. There are sonething like 900 000 restricted firearms in Canada. If they ban them, they will not have the resources to confiscate them all. They would go through the grandfathering process and, though only a chance, could one day be brought back to a more useable status... If you choose not to buy one, then, should a ban kick in... You're SOL on getting one. EVER.

You can get an AR lower for just over $100.
    Just sayin’...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    I agree with this. There are something like 900 000 restricted firearms in Canada. If they ban them, they will not have the resources to confiscate them all. They would go through the grandfathering process and, though only a chance, could one day be brought back to a more useable status... If you choose not to buy one, then, should a ban kick in... You're SOL on getting one. EVER.
    There are more than 1 million REGISTERED restricted firearms. The number of Unregistered restricted firearms has been estimated at between 3 and 5 million.

The last round of prohibitions under the firearms act prohibited approximately 600,000 short barreled handguns. Very few of them were re-registered under C68. The only ones that were actually seized were those that were seized from people who were trying to register them without actually being eligible for a grandfathered license, and people found incidentally by police in result to some kind of public complaint.

It will be interesting to see the 2019 commissioner of firearms report to determine the one year boost in registered restricted firearms. The YoY change in growth of that number could largely be attributed to panic buying.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I agree with the position that we should be buying as many restricteds as we can.
    I bought three handguns last week and plan to buy several more this year.
    If you have a "dream gun" in restricted, this is the time to get it.
    If that idiot gets re-elected, you may never have the chance to buy it again.
    The more restricteds there are out there, the harder it will be for them to confiscate them or try to buy them back. More likely they will be grandfathered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    A handgun purchase is good support against a gun ban.
    Last edited by caramel; 02-20-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Going to have to book the RPAL course in my city...
    I'm new to guns, just have a rifle for hunting. What is a good, entry-level handgun to get started with (total noob question)?
    I've only shot a desert eagle in Vegas at the Gun Store a few years ago, that kicked more than my 30-06!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Going to have to book the RPAL course in my city...
    I'm new to guns, just have a rifle for hunting. What is a good, entry-level handgun to get started with (total noob question)?
    I've only shot a desert eagle in Vegas at the Gun Store a few years ago, that kicked more than my 30-06!
    Cheers!
    If you don't want to spend a bunch, check out IRG. Revolvers can be had for about $200 Canadian.
    Originally Posted by TheTooner
    I'd rather hunt and come home to eat Kraft Dinner than not hunt and get to eat meat.