Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WK180 Trouble...Advice needed!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Can you imagine the whining if it was a NEA. ...LOL
    LOL, well I have a BCL lower that I bought for cheap just to register a second AR and it is a piece of crap. Just looking at the finish, no QC of holes with metal still left in them, holes that are not exactly in the right spot. Little stuff like that
    Should have spent the extra 30 bucks and got an Aero.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    I've (somehow) bent a firing pin on a $2000 pistol and broken one on a $4000 one..... just saying

It does appear right from the get go these things need to be run wet.

Personally I'm not bothered that I had to send my upper back, it's just over 100 rifles into production. Early adopters in most things get to be guinea pigs, at least that has been my experience. The quality looks to be there, just some bugs to be worked out perhaps.
    Thanks for the insight .....I appreciate your posts and what you write on CGN

Just kinda set back a little with what I'm reading about the rifle lately and want a quality rifle with no issies....thats all
    Last edited by Ironheart; 08-31-2018 at 01:46 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    ^^^^^Thanks for the pics and explanation

But we should be NOT dealing with crap like this
    You’re not really doing anything but reading about it and bitching! There is no perfection or 100 percent reliability in humans or the products we produce and demanding so is infantile!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Both the WK and NEA rifles are assembled using the same outsourced, bargain bin components. Stuff like firing pins, extractors, springs, triggers, grips, stocks are all produced at huge capacities and would never be economical to make domestically. If this gun were to have been made using all Canadian made, modern QC parts, it would have been 3 times the price.

The difference between NEA and WK is that Kodiak actually has a damn clue what they're doing with their milling machines. The parts they make (uppers and lowers) are flawless. NEA, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Thanks for the insight .....I appreciate what you write and the quality and detailed information you post on this site always!
    Thanks for the positive comment.....if it turns out they all have issues then it will start to get tiring, but at the moment I'm putting it down to getting them out the door perhaps too quickly and a few will have issues because of it.
    Kodiak has been awesome to deal with, answering emails well after hours, providing pre-paid shipping label etc.

I doubt NEA/BCL owners would say the same. The vendor of the 102 is the one seemingly having to hold that cluster-f&ck together.

Ok...I had a buddy over to help me take the pin out of the bolt. (I have limited hand function due to paralysis) I must say that pin holding the firing pin in will definitely never fall out on it's own...wow it's in there! Anyway, I got her apart and the interior of the bolt was right full of tiny primer pieces....that can't be normal? Cleaned it out and put it back together and the firing pin now protrudes again when pressed. So hopefully I have that sorted out....I'll let you know. Do you think it's a fault of the ammunition? The mag issue I'm at a loss but will try again now that I may have solved the no fire problem. Here are pics of the disassembled bolt and pieces of primer that made it back into the bolt with the pin....

Well that seems to be the problem. It is not normal for those pieces to be in there. What does your original bunch of fired brass/primers look like? Can you see blown primers or primers with pieces missing?
    I had a bunch of pierced/blown primers shooting 69 gr S&B but there were no bits in the BCG afterwards.

FWIW the firing pin retaining pin is much more robust on this 180 that an AR. I had to smack it back in pretty good with a brass hammer once I disassembled/reassembled the BCG.

For the record, I fault no one over the issue. This isn't my 1st time getting in on a new production firearm. Hiccups along the way are expected and Wolverine Supplies has earned my confidence over the years with top notch customer service and always coming through to make things right. Should I need to return it for some TLC, so be it!

I checked a few brass along the way and never really noticed anything...let me go grab some and get back to ya.

BANNED
    To WbyNut and Paul_T:

You need a new bolt head and firing pin. Your firing pin hole in the bolt face is waaay too big. Contact Kodiac for the parts with pictures of the bolt face. And don't fire your rifle until you get the new parts as that problem can be unsafe. They must have had a run of defective bolt heads.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast