Quote Originally Posted by EZTRGT View Post
Exactly.

While I think I should have probably asked what would happen if I failed to get my RPAL at the store, I'm sure any reasonable store manager/owner would charge a restock fee based on how long they've held it for, and any reasonable buyer, would suck it up. Already wasted $300 on the course....
I might add that my firearm purchase is a G17 Gen 5, so it's relatively new and therefore probably fairly easy to sell, hence I cant see me eating it big time provided its not sitting there for 3 months. That and I had an FAC years ago and nothing has changed, except I'm older, greyer, and less tolerant of BS, lol. I'm pretty confident I'll get my ticket.

And yes, customer service goes along way. One store I went into was pretty cheap compared to others, but wouldn't let me touch anything. The other let me see anything I wanted, including firearms that were way out of my price range as a noob. They also took the time to answer my stupid questions and help me make a decision on my first firearm. And they cost a little more. But guess who got my business? The staff there are pretty cool and even though they might cost a bit more, they've got me as a customer for a long time. And who wouldn't want to catch a noob as a salesman? You know they're going to spend money so sink the hook!

That and nothing sucks more than setting your heart on something, only to find it sold out and on backorder when you can afford/get your license/have the time etc.

Cheers,
EZTRGT
Kyle
Totally right, I'm in Ontario and a certain store wouldnt let me touch anything either. So I went to another place in Durham region who let me see what I wanted and answered all my dumb questions as well. On the spot I signed up for a year membership, bought a safe and two firearms (which they held until my licence was approved), $4000 later..... ever since then we are now on a first name basis!