Thread: Monarch Arms ARG3 Receiver Set

Monarch Arms ARG3 Receiver Set

Could this be something that you guys can bring in if NR?

MIX IT UP: Monarch Arms ARG3 Receiver Sets Up For Pre-Sale
    Posted 1 min ago in AR Patterned, Product Announcement, Rifles by Pete with 0 Comments
    monarch-arms-arg3
    To me, the H&K G3 20 round straight magazine is one of the sexiest ammunition feeding devices on the planet. I mean, peel back that brown anti-corrosion wrapping paper, wipe it down with a fine terry cloth sprayed with a hint of Hoppe’s, dress it up with some surplus battle rifle ammo and you’ve found your own little slice of heaven. What? Don’t tell me that certain stamped magazines don’t move you the same way. In an unlikely combination, Monarch Arms is offering a unique AR10 receiver set that accepts these hot G3 magazines.

With surplus G3 magazines available starting at $4-$5 I am willing to bet Monarch Arms will sell quite a few of these hybrid receiver sets. A company representative on Instagram stated that magazines will drop- free rather than a more traditional rock in/out paddle release seen on the G3 and HK91.

Pre-order pricing is set at $550 with delivery scheduled for sometime in October.

MONARCH ARMS ARG3 UP FOR PRE-SALE

https://www.monarcharms.com/shop/rec...-receiver-set/

The all new Monarch Arms ARG3 receivers combine the best of new and old styling and functionality. The receivers are the ONLY current production receivers that accept HKG3 style mags as used commonly in the HKG3/HK91/PTR rifles (CETME MAGS MAY REQUIRE SOME MODIFICATIONS TO WORK).

The receivers are:

made from 7075 T6 grade aluminum
    made in the USA
    compatible with standard DPMS style parts
    features a DPMS HIGH handguard compatible rail height
    DO NOT feature a last round bolt hold open (G3 mag followers do not allow this feature)
    utilize a proprietary upper/lower combo that only work together!
    are hard coat type 3 anodized black

Attachment 203722

Attachment 203723

Attachment 203724

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^ ^ Fascinating !

Nice, yeah I saw these come up on instagram a week or two ago. Very neat design. Would be a fun build for sure!
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

looks nice.

Would these be a non restricted with the appropriate barrel length?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    Would these be a non restricted with the appropriate barrel length?
    Depends - if it's just a standard DPMS pattern AR10 upper/lower fit (which i think it is) then it would be restricted as a modified AR10 lower receiver in the same way that an AR15 lower that takes AK mags would be. If it's a unique upper/lower fit and doesn't fit on any existing pattern rifle it would be prohibited as a variant of the G3, or perhaps non restricted. Or vice versa.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.