Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering a barrel from Brownells

Ordering a barrel from Brownells

Quick question, I've been getting conflicting reports on getting a barrel from Brownells regarding the export license. I'm trying to get the Faxon 308 20" match series barrel and I was told I could get one from them for a very good price (about $310 usd), I tried to order one but was sent an email saying i need to apply for an export license (costing $250 USD....). However, the person who informed me about it said they got theirs fine without the need of an export license (from brownells). Am I missing something here? I ordered something from brownells the previous week, was this maybe because I need to wait for that order to clear customs?

Does anyone else here have experience ordering barrels from Brownells?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    All the Faxon Barrels at Brownells show as available outside US so theoretically 'should not' need the $250 Export Permit just the End User paperwork.

Email or Call Sandy in the Export department at Brownells. She knows her stuff.

Sandy.Moranville@brownells.com
    Direct Line 641-623-7076 M-F 0900-1700 CST
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    All the Faxon Barrels at Brownells show as available outside US so theoretically 'should not' need the $250 Export Permit just the End User paperwork.

Email or Call Sandy in the Export department at Brownells. She knows her stuff.

Sandy.Moranville@brownells.com
    Direct Line 641-623-7076 M-F 0900-1700 CST
    thanks, i've sent Sandy an email

CGN frequent flyer
    Pretty sure all barrels require the paperwork. I looked into a dpms barrel some time ago and it was the case then.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

My advice is to buy the barrel direct from Faxon and have them ship to the US office of the 3rd Party Importer of your choice. A z t e c h Armoury only charges $35 CAD plus $26 Shipping for the first part or assembly (eg. a single line-item) and $20 for each additional part to deliver to your doorstep (or Post Office). I have placed many successful orders through them without issue, including barrels.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    My advice is to buy the barrel direct from Faxon and have them ship to the US office of the 3rd Party Importer of your choice. A z t e c h Armoury only charges $35 CAD plus $26 Shipping for the first part or assembly (eg. a single line-item) and $20 for each additional part to deliver to your doorstep (or Post Office). I have placed many successful orders through them without issue, including barrels.
    ^^^
    Best price out there, but slow service, if you buy now you will get it by xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    ^^^
    Best price out there, but slow service, if you buy now you will get it by xmas.
    yea i was hoping to have everything by this or next month, I'm currently looking into the upcoming maple ridge armoury barrels

worse case scenario is I go thru ###### and have to wait till late nov or dec

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Prophet River exports as well.
    $50 per line,
    Also you can buy Faxon in Canada for about $80 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Prophet River exports as well.
    $50 per line,
    Also you can buy Faxon in Canada for about $80 more.
    I would be contempt if it was only an $80 upcharge but the cheapest one I can find of the barrel im looking for (Faxon Match Series 308 heavy fluted 20") is $600 CAD, meanwhile they sell for about $300-350 USD which comes to around $450 cad

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nidh0gg View Post
    I would be contempt if it was only an $80 upcharge but the cheapest one I can find of the barrel im looking for (Faxon Match Series 308 heavy fluted 20") is $600 CAD, meanwhile they sell for about $300-350 USD which comes to around $450 cad
    Ya, you’re correct, if you can get it shipped directly.
    If you go through an exporter, you’re looking at $50 export fee+ txs+ shipping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast