Thread: Meaford LRSC Debrief Here!

Business Member

Meaford LRSC Debrief Here!

I belong to the best community in the world. Here it comes.... you know it's gonna hit you....

"If you wanna be GREAT, Be Grateful!"

I have a shztload of things to be grateful for!!! :D

* A fabulous group of hardworking volunteer RO's. Without the ROs, the match stages ain't gonna happen
    * a phenomenal group of Match Directors like Kombayotch, EMeyer3, Ryan_Mcle, MinosL.... they free me up to work the crowd at the same time laughing them up, too.
    * The best group of sponsors anyone could ask for.... We all felt the love the entire weekend (especially after coming in from DCRA NSCC) Just a slight difference from the feel/ flavour/ environment/ atmosphere/ synergy
    * The funniest teams from Kelbly and Tennessee area... thanks for that MAGA outfit... where are you from? Australia, Mate?
    * Thanks To MDT for the RO Draw prize of the MDT ESS Chassis system. It was not until I got home to open the box and inspect the invoice from Bullseye Sports in London, ON that the system came with a Skeleton Folding Buttstock with a Carbon Fiber cheek piece. And then I found a long box with the handguard made of carbon fiber. And I began to realize my blessings from the universe.... This baby is gonna be installed on my Remmy 700 switch barrel 308 /260 for my clients.

Name:  AE340817-76A5-4064-8A98-DE100F754402.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  53.8 KB

This baby will be showcased in my business travels...to the sponsored MDT squad from BC, thank you!

* Thanks To Bullseye Sports and Gen Mgr KenT, I appreciate your kind support in my efforts!
    * wonderful thanks to the ATC Meaford Range Control and Base Ops...without their help this event ain’t gonna happen
    * WO Chessell, thanks for the conversations we shared on Thursday at Base Operations office. We really have a tight Armed Forces.
    * Big thanks to my new found friends from Quebec, the CADEX Team and Valcartier Hoodie crew. You guys were tolerant of my weak attempts to speak french or franglaise and helped me along. Better yet, some of you responded in French, and i was able to pick up PART of the conversation. I appreciated your support
    * Warm thanks for the accommodations in the barracks. They were clean and warm, but cool in the evening (we got lucky)
    * I'm grateful for the energy that all the shooters brought to my #6 Tank Trap stage and #15 Over a Barrel challenge, it was super encouraging to see everyone helping other members of that squad.
    * I'm grateful for the super energetic and animated RO Cory on my stand....we worked together well and created a few laughs. Good job there , partner!

I have to run some errands this morning so I'm getting back to this thread, but I just had to get it going

Cheers,

Barney

Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 09-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I was there for the first time and was a spotter/scorer on a stage. I have never seen one of these events before. I learned a pile about this PRS thing. It is definitely different than any other shooting game I've seen.
    I was impressed by the experienced shooters shaking my hand and thanking me after they shot the stage I was at. At the same time there was also a focused, driven keenness I haven't seen before. There was a gentlemanly professionalism. This is definitely a few notches above regular gun club shoots and ORA abuse.
    I'm thankful for being teamed with Travis as an RO on the stage. Quiet, polite, efficient and knows his stuff. You just have to watch him to know he has it together. He doesn't tell you he does, unlike other pretenders on ranges. Thank you good man.
    I'm thankful for light indicators on the one plate I was watching. The lighter bullets hardly moved it. I looked up the light indicators today and saw the price. Ouch. I realize now there is a chunk of change invested in the props and material need to put on this match.
    I'm thankful for Kombayotch, EMeyer3, Ryan_Mcle, MinosL and others who have put a lot of time and frustration in putting this on. Thanks for letting me participate in a small way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    This was an amazing event. My first ever big bore PRS match, and first ever match of that many skilled shooters all in the same place. A huge thanks to all the sponsors and a special thanks to the Cadex team for not only being the title sponsor but also chatting me up and tossing a patch my way in between stages. As Tactical Teacher told me almost 6 months ago, I learned so much just going and volunteering my time and shaking the hands of all the great people who makes these events happen.

Also Barney; "Right back at you partner!"

Cheers,
    Cory~

Business Member
    More thanks to go out into the world....

* I’m grateful for the four or five RCR snipers who shot with us at Meaford, I am honoured to help provide valuable training for you all
    * I’m grateful for our conversations with WO KevinW, we certainly see eye to eye. glad you brought the fellows along
    * I’m thankful for the other crew of snipers who helped Ryan-Mcle and Kombayotch with the targets setup and the help with their vehicles.
    * I’m grateful to have the acquaintance and friendship of the Special Operations folks, they inspire me daily to step up my game. Great that you guys could make the weekend in Meaford, despite Deployment Tempo!

Oh yeah ,

Here’s the completed version of that MDT ESS System and it’s all together and shooting today.

Name:  3282A9A9-DF42-4415-B645-9464384F24C9.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  119.6 KB

Try this again

Name:  29E114D0-352D-41E1-914D-049038339BD7.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  116.1 KB

Other views

Name:  BFD5335C-4297-4DD4-AFDB-F6F69D5F454E.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  107.5 KB

Name:  2BC5329A-F519-4FA1-B3CF-89B3FF8BEB9A.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  112.1 KB

Other side:

Name:  117B8231-1B76-4F7D-B549-7AB7DB88F561.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  88.8 KB

And I learned to use the flash on my iPhone

Name:  D21F5CDB-074B-4C5A-B60E-18675DE6EC90.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  106.3 KB

How does it shoot? Better than I can hold it!

Cheers, Barney

Right on! That rig looks slick Barney.

Glad you all had a great time there, If all goes according to plan, I'll have the weekend booked off for the 2019 LRSC.

Business Member
    Before any of you register to shoot there as a rookie.....

Now I believe I did speak to all of you about volunteering there at Meaford LRSC before shooting it because you will gain a Shzt load of valuable knowledge and experience before landing there to shoot and not knowing what to expect.

As always work with and learn from experts like Ken Thiessen and Ryan=Mcle, in their clinics. Gain from their experience. That way you will know what to expect the first time you shoot it. And it goes without saying shoot their clinics and matches, then shoot my matches lots. Now you will have the confidence to deal with any challenge on the firing pad at Meaford.

Volunteers win and win and win....all round WIN for all included!

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    I just have to piggyback on this thread since we started it after the 2018 MLRSC....

“If you want to be Great, be Grateful”

I’m back from three 18 hour days at 4 Can Div TC or commonly known at Meaford ATC (Area Training Center). I was deathly exhausted every night, but all of the community made the efforts worthwhile.

Big thanks to everyone who made this possible!

* Sgt Tyers of Base Operations who showed up on his days off to help us get sorted out with the waivers
    * Match Organizers: KrisD “Kombayotch” and RyanM “Ryan_Mcle” who worked even longer days than I did for a week before I arrived. They made it all happen and with their broad shoulders (it’s a metaphor) made everything look smooth for the shooters. That’s the sign of experts
    * Range Control who worked with expert RSO DaveK or “TheMarauder” and after all their efforts, made it all work
    * All the Range Staff who volunteered from the beginning by loading and unloading all the targets, strapping, lumber, steel from the farm
    * All the Range Staff who worked in the parking lot by directing the shooters left, right, Center, forward, to and from the Caen Firing Pad
    * All my Quebekistan shooters who accepted my Franglaise commands on Stage #5 and #15, I really had a great time practicing my 2nd language skills with all of you! C’est un plaisir!!

* All the Range staff who helped me sort out the bedding, room keys, meal cards, and march out... big thanks.
    * All the shooters who tolerated the sign in process...we tried to smooth things over and we did just that. Thanks for your patience
    * many parents who were there to support AND Shoot with their kids. To a teacher like myself; I truly enjoyed that take away
    * my shooters who cooperated when we had to sort who is “Up”, “On deck”, “in the hole”, and “in the deep hole”
    * my new RO who jumped into the tasks and taught me them tablets and PractiScore... we did a great job, thanks, Matt.
    * Our crew who immediately piled on to the clean up details after the competitors cleared the parking lot. You folks rock!

Many more thanks will come to my mind. But right now... I’m super grateful to the families who supported the shooters because now the shooters can go home to a warm and loving environment to prepare for their next challenge/match/ meeting. It’s All Good!

Cheers, Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rugbydave's Avatar
    Thanks for ROing again Barney! Always a pleasure to get to hang out a bit.