Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I will bring my Fenix light to backpacking trips ALL the time now

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    Glad you folks made out ok GT, sometimes those borderline situations can go downhill in a hurry.

Got a Fenix on my AR , PD35 ? Love it. 3 years now and it has done everything expected of it. I find it very easy on batteries. Maybe a rechargeable Fenix is in order to replace the Maglight I normally have at hand around the farm.

Looking forward to see if there are any negative comments on Fenix as well.
    I too have a PD35 and that thing awesome. dropped it so many time and still ticking. Definitely will be used as an AR light when I got AR. If you have the Fenix charger you can pull out the battery, stick it into the charger, plug your cellphone charger cord in, and it will charge your cellphone 2.5 times over with a single 3500mah battery.

Also, their HL60R headlamp is also great to have and the battery are interchangeable with the PD35. Both are a must have for my camping and travelling.

i'd never ever part with my tk22 ( it ROCKS ! )
    its been wonderful help
    good story about the rescue, glad it turned out ok

I have several Fenix lights... they are all exceedingly excellent. I swear by them.

My favourite by far is my EDC, a Fenix MC-11 wrapped in a length of paracord.
    It's in my front pocket as I type this... an original model with a polymer? body...
    I always get the "geez that thing is bright" comments, but it has lower settings too of course.

I like it so much I bought a second one but it's different... it has an aluminum body which is nice and the button functions differently.

Can not go wrong with a Fenix.

I recently encountered a problem with newest generation TK 35....the tail switch is malfunctioning?

The older one I had never malfunctioned(I lost it in the river)....

I use my tk35ue everyday at work, it like having the sun in your pocket. I love it, used it for 3 years now no issues.

Shawn

CGN Regular
    Wish they had lower low modes. Zebralight, Armytek, and Pflexpro for me. I do have some Fenix lanterns and a charger though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    Maybe a rechargeable Fenix is in order to replace the Maglight I normally have at hand around the farm.
    The reason I bought the TK20R is avoid battery supply issue. It is USB chargeable so I can use my iPhone charger, battery bank or even solar charger to get the light going.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    we must know, did you have to drink your own urine? If not, than it’s not a real survival story....

Name:  D8DF951B-C165-493E-BCA9-7AFF5CCCE3AA.jpeg
Views: 555
Size:  77.0 KB

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by M14S View Post
    Wow. Glad you are all safe. Maybe I should consider these Fenix lights before throwing my money to Surefire.
    Surefire does not offer a lot for $ these days.

For example, you can get a Nitecore 1500 lumen headlamp for around $150 on Amazon. Surefire would be over $500 for something similar.

Edit - the nitecore comes with a rechargeable battery or you can use 2 CR123.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I normally do not bring my TK20R to backpacking trip because it is a bit big and heavy, but for whatever reason in the last trip I think it "might" be a good idea to bring it along.

Long story short, me and a few people were caught in bad weather and some ended up in mild hypothermia. While it was completely unnecessary, someone made contact and whoever on the government side decided to send a helicopter so to be on the safe side ( and therefore we did not have to pay for it). The SAR had our location from the GPS but they were not able to locate our marker, who was wearing a regular headlamp and a reflective space jacket.

At this point I took my TR20R and cranked up at the 1000 lumen turbo setting. I waved the light in the direction of the roto noises. Within a minute or two, the SAR tech emerged from about 300m over the crest. The SAR tech then borrowed my light to direct the chopper to the landing area.

It was a bit of a silly rescue, but from now on I am going to carry a high power light with me. Without the 1000 lumen Fenix light, the helicopter would be running around in circle and it could be a circus for awhile. A one in thousand event, but this little weight ends up saving a lot of grief!

I carry a fenix on my duty belt and use it all the time. The finish is starting to wear on it but its never let me down
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast