Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I will bring my Fenix light to backpacking trips ALL the time now

Quote Originally Posted by powerbench View Post
    I’ve owned Surefire and overrated taticool-ish, Fenix is awesome!
    Fenix makes better day to day non-tactical practical lights IMHO. The USB chargeable light is brilliant.

But when it comes to weapon mounted lights, surefire is better in the design - not so much in the mechanical or circuitry design, but “the idea” , the mounting interface, the dimensions and the ergonomics for using the lights. It is like how the first “iPod” was designed. It doesn’t have a million confusing buttons for functions that are not needed. You can see that their tactical products are developed with input from people who know how to use weapon lights.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I'm a fan of my olight (specifically the $12 headlight and my always with me s1 mini for the keychain with the microusb rechargable battery, double clip and magnet end ) and my elzettas. How does Fenix compare to those brands?

Also, cool story.
    Last edited by safehunter; 09-11-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him Robert Heinlein
    Do you think an RPG-armed drone could stop a bear? - Papaclaude

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    I have spoken with SAR Techs from 442 Squadron and they have had no trouble seeing BIC Lighters with just the flint being flashed in some pretty hairy situations from people in trouble.
    Good to hear you all made it out ok !
    It is better to have a bright light and not need and not have one and in need of one.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I have spoken with SAR Techs from 442 Squadron and they have had no trouble seeing BIC Lighters with just the flint being flashed in some pretty hairy situations from people in trouble.
    Good to hear you all made it out ok !
    It is better to have a bright light and not need and not have one and in need of one.
    Rob
    Was there any Crown Royal involved in these "discussions" ? lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Placed a bulk order today with Lockhart Tactical. They sure treated me well.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Big fan of Fenix lights. Recently picked up the TK47 long range and it is quite impressive. Seems like there has been a move to floods but I much prefer a spot for even general use.

I got a TK75 (2018 model) last year. It's a monster, and not cheap, but it will light up/blind anything on my property with authority! My "regular" Fenix light is a UC40 UE (1000L max.) which is really excellent as an all-purpose light. Both are USB-rechargeable.

But recently I got the very small LD15R, a right-angled light, which seems to go everywhere with me. 500L max., USB-rechargeable, with a magnetic base. Incredibly handy.

Attachment 207658

Attachment 207908
    Last edited by josquin; 09-22-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: pic added
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Inno View Post
    They even have rechargeable CR123's... and the new high temp/performance 18650's that survive the cold winters...

Nitecore = excellent product, have like 10 of their lights in my collection.

wary of those types of batteries due to the possibility of busting up the charge port if not careful.
    I also prefer the batteries without the micro USB port. I have some of each. If I have more than one that needs to be charged, I have to either charge them one at a time or find multiple chargers. I have a Fenix ARE-C2 charger that I can drop 4 18650's into. That charger is awesome.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeltecFan View Post
    I also prefer the batteries without the micro USB port. I have some of each. If I have more than one that needs to be charged, I have to either charge them one at a time or find multiple chargers. I have a Fenix ARE-C2 charger that I can drop 4 18650's into. That charger is awesome.
    I have the same charger. Def a best buy, seems to be easier on the batteries, and charges them properly to capacity. I am not afan of the USB charger. Works in a pinch, but not the best solution.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    Glad you had a good experience with yours. My little pocket Fenix with a single aa or aaa battery (can’t remember) just died one day.
    I bought a uc30 but it’s always low on battery! I’ll charge it and then it’ll just go dead shortly thereafter. And the charging port is very loose, really need to plug it in gently or it comes out.
    Quality of light is great, though.

I wish Surefire made a 80 lumen and 300 lumen light rather than something weird like only 5 and then 500...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast