Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest 22LR in Canada!?

Very happy with the 1k I grabbed to try out. Zero issues and excellent accuracy to boot in my Savage 64FV.

Thanks CAN-AM.
    With guns...we are citizens.
    Without guns...we are subjects.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    I recently ordered a couple bricks and here are my initial impressions.

The box indicates that it is made by an outfit called Spec Ops Ammo LLC of Newburgh, IN. The cases have an Aguila headstamp, which suggests to me that the manufacturer assembled the ammo from Aguila components. It is even packed into the same plastic trays as Aguila:

As noted, the bullets have a thick wax coating, which is considered a desirable feature of good target ammo.

It shoots accurately out of my S&W Model 41. It is not powerful enough to run my M&P 22. Given that it is standard velocity, it may or may not cycle semi-autos. It has a distinctive aroma when shooting, just like Eley .22 ammo. I haven't yet had a chance to shoot it for groups out of a rifle.

So far, it seems like decent value-priced ammo, so long as you know what you are getting.

I agree with you TJ, it does smell a bit like Eley.
    The wax however is way heavier than you get on premium ammo, and I think will gunk up your gun quicker.
    It also shoots pretty well (from a non auto-loader) given it's price.
    I fired it off at 50 yds and was putting most 5 shot groups through a dime or a nickel. Also had a couple of fliers.
    I'm not sure what it will do at 100 yds yet. It is rated at 1130 fps, so I expect that it will not be as accurate as some of the premium (sub-sonic) ammo.
    It is unfortunate that it won't run cleanly through an auto-loader, as it limits it's use.
    Had I known, I would have bought the American Eagle from Tenda (cheaper yet at $64.00/1000) which runs very cleanly.
    On another note, these guys have still not refunded me for the 1000 they short-shipped... and they have not answered any of the 3 emails I have sent them.
    I thought that they were better than that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Wal Mart sells Winchester 555 packs of for $36
    No shipping and 5% Alberta tax
    Makes it in at $0.068 per round.
    Still the cheapest I've ever seen anywhere in Canada. My semi and bolt 22's love it. Never had a single issue with a single round and it's the only .22LR I've shot since I first pulled a trigger :D
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman11105 View Post
    I agree with you TJ, it does smell a bit like Eley.
    The wax however is way heavier than you get on premium ammo, and I think will gunk up your gun quicker.
    It also shoots pretty well (from a non auto-loader) given it's price.
    I fired it off at 50 yds and was putting most 5 shot groups through a dime or a nickel. Also had a couple of fliers.
    I'm not sure what it will do at 100 yds yet. It is rated at 1130 fps, so I expect that it will not be as accurate as some of the premium (sub-sonic) ammo.
    It is unfortunate that it won't run cleanly through an auto-loader, as it limits it's use.
    Had I known, I would have bought the American Eagle from Tenda (cheaper yet at $64.00/1000) which runs very cleanly.
    On another note, these guys have still not refunded me for the 1000 they short-shipped... and they have not answered any of the 3 emails I have sent them.
    I thought that they were better than that.
    I was in hospital for 2 weeks, some things got lost in the shuffle.

If the ticket was assigned to me, expect some delay. You can e-mail cs <@> canadaammo.com to create a new ticket.

Cheers
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Regular
    Any tests done in semi auto rifles? I’ve got an STG44 that is picky with ammo. So far it runs without any issues with CCI velociraptor, anything else and I get failure to feed along with jams in the mag. I found out that cheaper bulk stuff (not saying that’s what this stuff is) has bad crimps and the bullet walks around in the brass causing my issues in my stg44.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugerman1937 View Post
    Any tests done in semi auto rifles? I’ve got an STG44 that is picky with ammo. So far it runs without any issues with CCI velociraptor, anything else and I get failure to feed along with jams in the mag. I found out that cheaper bulk stuff (not saying that’s what this stuff is) has bad crimps and the bullet walks around in the brass causing my issues in my stg44.
    I ran it through my 10/22 and it was fine, zero jams, and quite accurate.
    Also ran it through a pair of new JW20's (Browning SA22 clones) and ran fine and probably as accurate as the rifle can shoot lol.
    Smells a bit weird, not like regular 22 ammo or gunpowder...not sure what it is lol. Smells the same as Mexican Aguila Eley.
    I'd buy more of it... pretty decent stuff.

CGN frequent flyer
    I’ll stick with trusty Blazer.

Aguila product or not

The best deal on 22 was Tenda up till end of March. 5250 of fed champion for 299 free shipping, 60 dollar refund from vista outdoors. (every fifth box free). Have gone through two boxes and no ftfire in a gsg15 and victory.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast