Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Prohibited ar15

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisAR View Post
    I wonder if Wolverine will refund my $50 WK180C deposit if it's banned before they ship it?

But in all seriousness, reading this thread has actually made me sad for a couple reasons. One, seeing how divided this community is. Everyone here is trying to reach a common goal but nobody agrees how to get there it seems. Two, that there seems to be some misguided hope in a Conservative government. I know there are some Conservatives that are using firearms to gain some appeal with voters, but being pro-gun seems like political suicide for any politician. Can you really see any serious PM candidate saying on national television before an election that they are pro gun? With the number of gun violence that's happened in Toronto this summer? NO WAY. To me, it's a doomed cause. The Conservatives wont save us. The only thing saving our guns are the sheer quantity of them out there (logistical nightmare taking them from people) and also the Americans. Their gun culture is just too thick and too close to us for us to out-write ban firearms without some change being implemented in the USA first (or at least the border states).
    This community is and always has been divided by what each individual chooses for their guns. Therefore, we have to find areas of commonality on other issues that affect us and define ourselves as gun owners. Period.

Only then will we stand a chance to unite in significant numbers and start a meaningful pushback.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

I did not sign the social contract.

CGN Regular
    I haven't read all the posts to this point, just the first few pages worth. Anyone interested in putting money where their mouth is? I'll throw a couple hundred dollars towards a fund to challenge this latest ruling. It's an opinion, not law? So bring them to court over one of these ARs and show how an engraving in the wrong spot makes it infinitely more readily convertible to full auto. I don't have skin in this game, but I'm tired of seeing my like minded Canadians be pushed around in small groups at a time. The divide and conquer only works when we allow ourselves to be divided. It just takes one victory against the lab's opinions to cause a precedent. If they overstepped on this then maybe the 1022 mag issue is the next fish to fry. The blaze-47? (can't recall the name)... etc etc.

Let's be honest, it is complete BS. With the time it took me to machine out a lower and make the auto sear, etc. I could have built a dozen sten type SMGs with less tooling in my garage. Or set the 3d printer to make me a mold to cast a new receiver.

Count me in.

I'm in as well...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Ask the 12(x) folks.
    12(x) is useless...
    - Ask all the guys who can no longer take their 12.x rifles to the range
    - the value of your 12.x gun will take beating
    - It only postpone the disarmament one generation

Personally, I think that before prohibiting any other firearms. The government should come clear and release to the public all documentation pertaining to the previous prohibition.
    - If the data is irrelevant or misleading, these prohibition needs to be reversed.

Thousands of firearms were prohibited because they were a "variant" of a prohibited firearm.
    - How could they classify something a variant if there are no legal definition of a "variant" ?

#4 - "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    12(x) is useless...
    - Ask all the guys who can no longer take their 12.x rifles to the range
    - the value of your 12.x gun will take beating
    - It only postpone the disarmament one generation

Personally, I think that before prohibiting any other firearms. The government should come clear and release to the public all documentation pertaining to the previous prohibition.
    - If the data is irrelevant or misleading, these prohibition needs to be reversed.

Thousands of firearms were prohibited because they were a "variant" of a prohibited firearm.
    - How could they classify something a variant if there are no legal definition of a "variant" ?
    The poster asked an open question which I was trying to respond to: "has there been any instances of confiscation without compensation"? (Paraphrased it).

12(x) is delayed confiscation without compensation.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Strange how so many are ready to chip in for a court case yet if each and every gun owner put a dollar a year into funds to provide support for charities and scholarships that target root causes of crime, very few of us see the huge dividends that would pay us in terms of reversing our image?

Courts are slow, unpredictable, biased and expensive. Not to mention the decisions can be overturned by the government.

Good PR from the millions$ we contributed and properly communicated in regular and social media would hit the headlines overnight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Pretty ridiculous.

However full auto trigger groups are available. Still have to do the illegal parts of drilling and fitting it into an already registered restricted firearm which would be idiotic.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Strange how so many are ready to chip in for a court case yet if each and every gun owner put a dollar a year into funds to provide support for charities and scholarships that target root causes of crime, very few of us see the huge dividends that would pay us in terms of reversing our image?

Courts are slow, unpredictable, biased and expensive. Not to mention the decisions can be overturned by the government.

Good PR from the millions$ we contributed and properly communicated in regular and social media would hit the headlines overnight.
    I give over 20k to charities annually. Sometimes you need to address root causes and sometimes go for what's right in front of you.