Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Prohibited ar15

Hit the headlines overnight?

Maybe if it’s “Run for Cancer denies gun lobby sponsorship as protesters outnumber runners”

Otherwise I think we have a long road ahead consisting of quietly being good Samaritans.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viallet View Post
    I give over 20k to charities annually. Sometimes you need to address root causes and sometimes go for what's right in front of you.
    A commendable effort and that's sincere comment.

- I wish that there were more like minded people.
    - your contribution is generous to say the least but without taking anything away from it there may be benefit to us in more people contributing far less making it more of a community effort.
    - the target charities I'm sure are appreciative but I'd be looking for some reciprocal recognition that the monies are coming from the gun community who are taking affirmative action in addressing violence.
    - the above recognition has to go into a broadcast from our community to the public / politicians in a manner that does not appear selfish or can otherwise be easily diminished. That's how we re-engineer or image.
    - if you have been following my posts you will see that there are several elements necessary to an effective campaign on our behalf. Your "outreach" and communication are but two of them. Other elements look to what's in front of us.

Thank you for your contribution. You do set a high bar!
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Good PR from the millions$ we contributed and properly communicated in regular and social media would hit the headlines overnight.
    If every firearm owner was a member of a shooting org.
    - This would be a non-issue.

If every firearm owner would pick up the phone and call his/her MP

If every firearm owner would respond to silly-anti-gun editorial
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post

Maybe if it’s “Run for Cancer denies gun lobby sponsorship as protesters outnumber runners”

Otherwise I think we have a long road ahead consisting of quietly being good Samaritans.
    Yes, it's going to take a long time to "reconcile" decades of social engineering and building anti gun hatred. That's why I tried to get us going back in early 2015 and now it may be too late to blunt another assault on our guns.

FYI back then I contacted senior representatives of a major mental health org and asked if they would be concerned about the optics of our contribution.

The answer, "if you are willing to work with us on this huge problem then people are just going to have to get over the fact that you own politically incorrect objects".

With respect, I can think of dozens of reasons why we would not succeed in changing the channel.

But top of the list as to why we would fail is that we don't even try .........
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    If every firearm owner was a member of a shooting org.

If every firearm owner would pick up the phone and call his/her MP

If every firearm owner would respond to silly-anti-gun editorial
    All of these are contained in elements of the program I'm suggesting.

May I ask you why you don't think that an additional element of "outreach" would not provide further benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post

I never said "quietly".

Picture this: John Tory has been harping on homelessness before he got onto the banning of firearms.

So what if 10 or 12 gunnies had shown up at a Habitat for Humanity construction site wearing bright yellow CCFR or CSSA T shirts. There are talented members of our community that have skills that would blow away those of the well intentioned public that show up there. Do you not think that a properly managed PR campaign would not garner some positive press?

And your example of our offer being rebuffed could easily be spun to our benefit. "Look at how we're being victimized / discriminated against. .....".

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    How do we even go about organizing this. 90% of the people on here ( myself included ) would benefit greatly from some sort of marching orders. We need a focused approach that is straightforward for people to do.
    I think you're absolutely correct, with a little bit of organization and some sort of straight forward peaceful "marching orders", i think a lot more of us would be able to be heard.

I'm in Alberta, and i'd definitely be willing to donate some money and my time to PR campaigns or organized support, i'm about 2 hours from edmonton or 5-6 from calgary and would be willing to meet up and support!

I'd like to do more than make phone calls and send emails and letters to our government, and i know we can do more as a community!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    A handful of vendors sell "pretend" suppressors. Give me one of those fake suppressors, a Popsicle stick and a rubber band and I can convert it into a fully functional suporessor in under 10 minutes.

The next step John? My guess. Threaded barrels.
    I've heard the same can be done with an oil filter or a 2 litre pop bottle. Maybe prohib. those also? When will this Lib-tard madness stop?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasacre View Post
    I think you're absolutely correct, with a little bit of organization and some sort of straight forward peaceful "marching orders", i think a lot more of us would be able to be heard.

I'm in Alberta, and i'd definitely be willing to donate some money and my time to PR campaigns or organized support, i'm about 2 hours from edmonton or 5-6 from calgary and would be willing to meet up and support!

I'd like to do more than make phone calls and send emails and letters to our government, and i know we can do more as a community!

Anyone have any thoughts?
    The communication element of our strategy runs like this:

- volunteers in every possible community across Canada watch local media and local governments for anti firearm propaganda etc.
    - this information is forwarded to a central location where (ideally) our gun orgs are working together cooperatively to gather and process this information.
    - using statistics and factual information the staff at the central location prepare an official response based on professional PR input.
    - this response goes out to all of the satellite location volunteers and the anti firearms media or government entity gets a flurry of information countering their anti gun agenda.
    - fanning out our responses beyond the volunteers alone could be a force multiplier
    - statistics gathered from this process could be used ot prove that we are being unfairly discriminated against with false information and innuendo. Good fodder for letters to politicians and for use in court as a last resort.
    - properly set up the responses could happen in less than 24 hours putting the kibosh to false info before it grows legs.
    - much of this can be done over social media and other internet tools so minimal physical effort is required.
    - this way we a group close ranks globally but act locally.
    - the gun orgs are the logical catalyst to make this happen because they already have their network of field officers etc. If they learn to cooperate for "communication" maybe they could bury the baggage and cooperate on other elements of an overall effort.

Thanks for your offer to assist!

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    The communication element of our strategy runs like this:

- volunteers in every possible community across Canada watch local media and local governments for anti firearm propaganda etc.
    - this information is forwarded to a central location where (ideally) our gun orgs are working together cooperatively to gather and process this information.
    - using statistics and factual information the staff at the central location prepare an official response based on professional PR input.
    - this response goes out to all of the satellite location volunteers and the anti firearms media or government entity gets a flurry of information countering their anti gun agenda.
    - fanning out our responses beyond the volunteers alone could be a force multiplier
    - statistics gathered from this process could be used ot prove that we are being unfairly discriminated against with false information and innuendo. Good fodder for letters to politicians and for use in court as a last resort.
    - properly set up the responses could happen in less than 24 hours putting the kibosh to false info before it grows legs.
    - much of this can be done over social media and other internet tools so minimal physical effort is required.
    - this way we a group close ranks globally but act locally.
    - the gun orgs are the logical catalyst to make this happen because they already have their network of field officers etc. If they learn to cooperate for "communication" maybe they could bury the baggage and cooperate on other elements of an overall effort.

Thanks for your offer to assist!
    I like the idea of this but how do we get from here to there? Its easy for us to volunteer with the local legion, food bank, or cadet core, or to donate money, or send letters and emails out as individuals but where do we go from there?

How do we get the ball rolling on this? I know there are guys out there like me who are willing to and who want to do their part to protect our firearm rights.

Who do we forward the information to?

Who is going to organize us to show the rest of our fellow Canadians that we're not just a bunch of people behind keyboards, but rather members of the community who care, we are fathers, mothers, siblings, coworkers, and friends.

I'm thinking more and more about what you said and i hope you don't mind me elaborating but; Imagine if 15 people in every major city decided to don bright yellow CCFR shirts and set up a pop up soup kitchen or some other community service; we would get some POSTIVE media attention, and it would show that we can and will stand together.

The question isn't: do we have the support? manpower? resources? We have all of these in this community right here, right now.

I'd be willing to do my part and I can expect most of the people reading this would be willing to as well;
    The question is, who is going to organize us?