Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Prohibited ar15

Way before my time, but I always assumed that the AR was the only long gun that was only going to be a restricted no matter what because the RCMP considered them "easily" converted to full auto, but they were so common (still are) as sporting and competition rifles, they were made an exception.

Give the mootherrfuokers nothing.
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    The poster asked an open question which I was trying to respond to: "has there been any instances of confiscation without compensation"? (Paraphrased it).

12(x) is delayed confiscation without compensation.

Regarding confiscation without compensation.... I fought a 6 year court case, with the help of the NFA (1988-1994); regarding a CA uzi that I purchased legally and registered. Then the powers to be decided that the CA uzis in that shipment were not converted properly. I won the court case on a technicality. I believe all the other CA uzis in the shipment that were retailed and registered were confiscated without compensation. The retailer may have refunded some or all of the owners, not sure of this detail.
    Last edited by kelseyscooter1; 09-14-2018 at 01:50 AM.

They didn't refund me anything.....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelseyscooter1 View Post

Regarding confiscation without compensation.... I fought a 6 year court case, with the help of the NFA (1998-1994); regarding a CA uzi that I purchased legally and registered. Then the powers to be decided that the CA uzis in that shipment were not converted properly. I won the court case on a technicality. I believe all the other CA uzis in the shipment that were retailed and registered were confiscated without compensation. The retailer may have refunded some or all of the owners, not sure of this detail.
    Thank you for a real life example, I'm sure that there are more and we should be collecting and archiving all of them for tribal knowledge. The database will be useful some day.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasacre View Post
    I like the idea of this but how do we get from here to there? Its easy for us to volunteer with the local legion, food bank, or cadet core, or to donate money, or send letters and emails out as individuals but where do we go from there?

How do we get the ball rolling on this? I know there are guys out there like me who are willing to and who want to do their part to protect our firearm rights.

Who do we forward the information to?

Who is going to organize us to show the rest of our fellow Canadians that we're not just a bunch of people behind keyboards, but rather members of the community who care, we are fathers, mothers, siblings, coworkers, and friends.

I'm thinking more and more about what you said and i hope you don't mind me elaborating but; Imagine if 15 people in every major city decided to don bright yellow CCFR shirts and set up a pop up soup kitchen or some other community service; we would get some POSTIVE media attention, and it would show that we can and will stand together.

The question isn't: do we have the support? manpower? resources? We have all of these in this community right here, right now.

I'd be willing to do my part and I can expect most of the people reading this would be willing to as well;
    The question is, who is going to organize us?
    Mr M I certainly do not mind you building on the idea. Shape it, change it, make it better, make it your own. That's what I'm hoping for but there are too few like you who come forward for it to take off.

Starting another org with another mandate when we are split three ways already makes no sense at all so my sincere hope is that one or more of our existing orgs picks up the torch. I've tried to approach two of the three main orgs with the idea but apart from a bit of an effort by one org the initiative has fallen flat. One bright spot has been charity raffles by the sponsor of this thread. Wolverine is one of the few movers and shakers that actually gets it!

This whole business of doing good things to put a different face on gun owners is largely unexplored frontier. For the past 50+ years we have spent most of our time and treasure busy honing and adversarial relationship with everyone outside of our community. As we become fewer, they become more and stronger.

We have to change or we are cooked.

Thanks for posting, stay in touch.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf