Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Prohibited ar15

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    Bernier does not have a chance in forming a party come election. I for one will not vote for someone who's main focus is protecting Quebec either.
    I thought that due to time constraints, Bernier's only option was to 'merge' with (ie. Takeover) Tim Moen's Libertarian party?

Even if Moen is openly calling for just this, I bet his people aren't as thrilled to just hand over their hard-earned recent gains (smallas they may be).
    I'll be curious to see what sort of concessions both sides are willing to agree to; especially if the Libertarian party is willing to part with it's own ideology, for the sake of something a little more.. viable?

I've said it before - 'Practical Libertarian Party' here we come!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    How do we even go about organizing this. 90% of the people on here ( myself included ) would benefit greatly from some sort of marching orders. We need a focused approach that is straightforward for people to do.
    This!

I don't play well with others, but I'm as great at following orders as I am at barking them. Imo, lots of 'man hours' on this site, that should be put to work.

Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    Today Trudeau and his cronies were in Saskatoon, I really can't see why we can't mobilize protest groups to get media attention.

I've moved from England having never used a gun to now owning two with two more on the way and I refuse to give them up to this POS Government
    This ^^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    How do we even go about organizing this. 90% of the people on here ( myself included ) would benefit greatly from some sort of marching orders. We need a focused approach that is straightforward for people to do.

Here's what a strategic approach might look like since we cannot directly control the criminals, the suggested elements of a constructive strategy must include:

Communication - gathering & dissemination of information from a gun owner perspective.
    Lobby and cooperation - find areas of commonality with the general public, politicians, one another and the antis. Our fixation on our guns has developed fatal fault lines with all of these other groups and has fractured our community.
    Factual data - statistics / stats can / economic contribution. Our position is rooted in science.
    Political activism - keep up the pressure. An iron fist in a velvet glove.
    Inreach - education & participation. Intro to shooting sports. Some major strides here of late.
    Outreach - support the wider community outside of gun owners. This big piece is missing.
    The courts - of last resort, not the goto option. Slow, expensive and unpredictable.

All of these elements have to be coordinated, funded and managed at every level, local to national. Our gun orgs are not inclined to take on this role.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    They wanted to concoct a pretense to ban all ARs.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Anyone interested in 79% lowers?
    Could probably sell a few thousand before the bureaucracy got around to rewording the prohibition, my vote is for the triggerguard to be “filled” so it can be milled our NEA style... I’ll take 5
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    Today Trudeau and his cronies were in Saskatoon, I really can't see why we can't mobilize protest groups to get media attention.

I've moved from England having never used a gun to now owning two with two more on the way and I refuse to give them up to this POS Government
    If you've ever seen how the media spin the optics of a pro gun protest you may conclude that it's not such a good idea.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

BANNED
    Plus, there's Antifa losers and BLM goons to contend with now.

Until we're prepared to exchange punches with angry black women , and knife thrusts with angry, limp-wristed university fruitcakes; I think it's best we look for momentum elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    If you've ever seen how the media spin the optics of a pro gun protest you may conclude that it's not such a good idea.
    As per 'keepin it real', this day WILL come. Sure we can hope not, and work to avoid it; but don't think we're going to come out of this Western upheaval without getting our hands dirty.

Dats real.
    Last edited by CoonT; 09-12-2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: comma madness

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    How True, if you want to help join one of the Canadian Shooting sports associations and get informed first.

If a chit ton of potheads can “fill the hill” at parliament on 4:20... I’m pretty sure we can organize something, I live in Ottawa and more than happy to help out.