Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick question on shipping a restricted

quick question on shipping a restricted

I need to ship out my ar15 for a transaction and need to satisfy the requirements. Can I use a chamber lock instead of a trigger lock? I only have expensive trigger locks which i would prefer to keep and do not have enough time to go buy a cheap one

Yes you can use a chamber lock
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Last restricted I bought on the EE showed up in the factory case, no trigger lock, and a zip tie...

Legally, as long as it's secured with a secure locking device you're good. That could include a trigger lock, cable, chamber lock, or one of those magazine lock things.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Yes you can use a chamber lock
    ahh thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Last restricted I bought on the EE showed up in the factory case, no trigger lock, and a zip tie...

Legally, as long as it's secured with a secure locking device you're good. That could include a trigger lock, cable, chamber lock, or one of those magazine lock things.
    are you saying a zip tie around the chamber would work perfectly fine as well?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nidh0gg View Post
    I need to ship out my ar15 for a transaction and need to satisfy the requirements. Can I use a chamber lock instead of a trigger lock? I only have expensive trigger locks which i would prefer to keep and do not have enough time to go buy a cheap one
    There are two separate considerations to take into account, and both matter:

1.) the Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations, including it's definition for 'secure locking device', and;
    2.) the Canada Post policy.

<http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-209/index.html>

<http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-209/page-1.html#h-1>

<https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGnonmail-e.asp#1389620>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Quote Originally Posted by nidh0gg View Post
    ahh thank you,

are you saying a zip tie around the chamber would work perfectly fine as well?
    Nope. I'm saying some people don't read the laws and think that if a store can ship it that way, so can they, even though they're breaking the law. In fact, I think the law may have been broken twice, as it wasn't shipped with a lock on it, and he more than likely transported it to the post office like that too...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Just wondering, if shipping with a lock, should keys be shipped separately? Or just hidden in the package?
    J Smith

If you ship with a keyed trigger or cable lock, you can ship the key to the buyer a few days in advance VIA snail mail. You still have to wait for the transfer to be completed, so the key should arrive before the gun.

Use a combination lock or the cheapy screw lock.. why worry about keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Use a combination lock or the cheapy screw lock.. why worry about keys.
    This. The only R I've sold got shipped out with a combo trigger lock, with the combo provided via PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast