Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics from North Sylva and Rangeview Sports Optics Day!

Pics from North Sylva and Rangeview Sports Optics Day!

Wow some awesome kit at the North Sylva and Rangeview Sports Optics Day…I’ll take one of each!

Being obsessed with all things John Wick, I started with the Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x…now I am also a big fan of Trijicon and I gotta say this scope exceeded my expectations! I will swap out my MRO for one of these as soon as I can.

Typically, it is challenging to get a pic of the reticle but I got this on the first try…needless to say, it is fast and easy to pick up!

The secret, the fiber optic

The Accupower 4.5-30x56mm was also pretty sweet…and would be a great match to the HS Precision I was eyeballing

Side by side comparison of the two Trijicons

Front end

Business end

Equally impressive, the new VUDU line from EOtech…including the 5-25x50 Ultra Short and 1-6x

The 1-6x features the “Speed Ring reticle” that is designed for fast acquisition at low power and accuracy at higher power while the 5-25x is one of the shortest FFP scopes on the market. Apart from fitting on shorter rifles, I like this advantage described on EOtech’s website: “One unique advantage of the short design is that it provides the ability to attach either a clip-on night-vision or thermal device in front of the scope and still allow the user to make adjustments to the device without leaving the scope.”

Quick throw lever

Box

Last but not least, a Meprolight Mepro 4x with fixed 4x magnification mounted on a Tavor7

I took the opportunity to take a second look at the HS Precision HTR…what a beauty! Whenever I hear the words “precision rifle” this is the first one that comes to my mind…it is definitely on “the list”

Since I did a full store review on my last visit, I just took a few shots

Great job by North Sylva and Rangeview on today’s event and thanks for the swag.

All done here, I took a short (6 min) drive to Ground Burger Bar…pretty cool place..looks good, decent service and TONS of options for the burgers…you can choose meat, bread, toppings and since they grind in house, you can get the burgers rare etc.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 09-15-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Nice review and pictures! I like your t-shirt!
    "Dios y Patria o Muerte"

lol thanks..a lot of people have walked up to me on the street to comment about it...i will be wearing my other John Wick shirt at an event next week lol

RL

Nice pics! 2 thumbs up! (As usual).

Any update on the Tavor 7?

thanks

i saw the Tavor7 at SHOT but didnt pick it up that time so this was my first time handling it...i noticed that it has the mag release in the conventional spot (like the X95 as opposed to the original Tavor) and everything is ambidextrous. I didnt ask about delivery though.

RL

Damn, that Tavor 7 is sharp looking. I would really like to get some time behind one of those. How was the Meprolight 4x? How does it compare to the ACOG or Elcan? Cheers, great post.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

I handled the Tavor 7 for a bit, a heavy mofo, much heavier than the normal Tavor or X95. Not my cup of tea but it did have a feeling of chunkiness and girth to it, a good feeling, but heavy as fuark!
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

well the Mepro is certainly lighter than the Elcan lol...i didnt turn on the illumination to give it a thorough review though

hmmm i didnt perceive the Tavor 7 to be overly heavy but i will watch for that next time. i should be shooting the 9mm X95 next week.

RL

Nice photos RL1....great job as always.

I can't wait to get a Tavor7 myself.

I can't wait to get a Tavor7 myself.[/QUOTE]

Me as well. If it can come in at a price point similar to the 5.56 version, and I hope they shoot better than 2-3 moa on average. The Tavor is an excellent rifle overall. Getting a Stag 10 receiver set and throwing in a JP or Proof Research barrel, BCG, Geissele, ect, would be an interesting comparison.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast