Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .410 Fun! Lazer Arms Revolver Action XR410!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Is there a specific reason documented not to run .45 Colt through one of these? Does it blow up due to wrong kind of forcing cone or something? Or does this have reason to be legally classified as a shotgun and not a carbine? I'm with the folks who would love to use something like this as a plinker, but I'm curious about why I'd change my mind after pulling the trigger on a .45 round.

Could a gunsmith swap out the barrel for a 45lc barrel? Or is the issue in the cylinder? Could be a great project.
    If i can't wear camo, I'm not going...

Both the barrel and the cylinder are too small for a 45 long colt. The alloy frame would also be an issue, in my opinion.

The 45 long colt round will not fit into the cylinder. A 410 shotgun barrel really does not have the proper bore size either. The restricted Taurus model is completely different, thus it shoots 410 shells and 45 long colt.

If someone would make a non-restricted rifle that would shoot 410 3" and 45 long colt I would buy one. This Lazer Arms XR410 model is not it.

Can we at least shoot slugs out of it?
    If i can't wear camo, I'm not going...

Quote Originally Posted by TravAce View Post
    Can we at least shoot slugs out of it?
    Slugs work the best with improved cylinder choke. I am not sure if this shotgun has five chokes like the Canuck Evolve or not. Either way I have fired 410 slugs with full choke if necessary, accuracy probably will not be the best with full choke though.

Slugs should work in this model just fine. Maybe the OP could give some additional detail on choke availability, or what this comes with.

CGN frequent flyer
    What might be even more fun would be something like this but with the cylinder of a S&W 929 and enough frame and barrel to be NR, then you could run in PCC competition with a moonclip rig and all, or just plink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    My Judge fires both
    And restricted yes?

only thing stopping me from buying one is the cheap,tacky and ugly looking logo on the side. if it an the sn. were stamped instead ir be allot more classy looking and i would already own one

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kc34 View Post
    And restricted yes?
    Sadly, yes. But I have finally found a range where I can do handgun skeet! Or clay's, or whatever you want to call my abomination of the sport
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Might be a silly question but what size shells would this xr410 take? 2 3/4", 3", both? It's chambered for 3". Thx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast