Common Problems with EE ads

Thread: Common Problems with EE ads

Tags: None
  1. CGN Admin said:

Common Problems with EE ads

We have encountered more and more issues with new users lately, and there are several recurring issues.

1) Do not post phone number and email in your ad. Unless you want to make stealing your account easy;

2) Do not randomly pick a pre-fix and post a WTB. The reason you do not see a WTB pre-fix in your menu is that either you are using the wrong forum to post or your EE account does not have that privilege yet. We will just delete these WTB ads using wrong prefix in the wrong place;

3) Very basic principle. Do not try to bump or repost an item in any way or in any form in less than 7 days. No matter how you re-word it, re-jig it or re-price it, it is considered to be a "cheating bump" by the forum and it carries a hefty penalty. Your item should only go back to the top every 7 days. Be considerate, there are others ads created by other people that need exposure;

4) Your item should only exist in one single ad entry inside all the EE forums. You should not find the your item in more than one ad entry. If your ad is getting old, bump it. Do not start a new one. Other people do not need to see your item multiple times, once is enough.

2. Ironheart said:
    Thanks for the bringing this up for all the new members

3. silverfoxdj said:
    Can this be a sticky !!

Armourall said:
    The seven day rule is bent all the time. Should be a sticky.

5. Donny Fenn1 said:
    Make me a moderator I'll solve most of these issues in a month.
    #torontoexit

Magellann said:
    Good info.

Sakoman .308 said:
    I would love to see pictures become mandatory in EE ads.
    No picture of the item, no ad.
    It's nice to dream.

9.3 Hunter said:
    Thanks for posting, I see a lot of adds and users doing this all the time.......they even delete their item and then repost starting from scratch.......and, two separate posts on the same item but in different categories......and, alot of Regulars are doing this, not just newbies.....

Just saying, thanks

cyclops666 said:
    Hello and welcome to cgn!

Haha

NAA said:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    Can this be a sticky !!
    Yes, done.....

------------------
    NAA.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.