Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerHeade View Post
    As a generality I would never trust website inventory listings
    you're about to trust a business with your payment information, and selling you firearms / ammo. If you can't trust the website, what else can you trust ?

I'm with the OP on this. I'd actually expect the web site to be at least as, if not more, reliable than someone who answers the phone. The reason that function is there is to let you know. I wouldn't have called.

I've been to stores where I had to tell the sales staff that they had something in stock and they didn't know.

Haven't received them yet does not mean that they are not in possession. They could be in the building, but not inventoried yet. But I know nothing about the circumstances of the OP or the business.

But if it's easier to take the time to whine and complain about a business than it is to contact them before driving hours... well then, good job, you're rockin it
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

I actually purchased a handgun online from a dealer..... guess what..... the in stock item was not in stock 2 days later.... did not "whine" about just got my refund and thanked them for a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMango View Post
    Phones aernt just for texting and ordering pizza.

A 30 second phone call would've saved you the 2 hour round trip and the 20 seconds for me to read and respond to this.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerHeade View Post
    As a generality I would never trust website inventory listings
    Quote Originally Posted by rambones View Post
    Call before you waste any time or money driving anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridersfan View Post
    Haven't received them yet does not mean that they are not in possession. They could be in the building, but not inventoried yet. But I know nothing about the circumstances of the OP or the business.

But if it's easier to take the time to whine and complain about a business than it is to contact them before driving hours... well then, good job, you're rockin it
    You guys crack me up...WTH is the point of putting stock levels on the website if they don’t mean anything....

Lots of quality retailers out there...Some stores need to up their game.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It's been my experience that any online inventory status of 3 or more indicates it is safe to go without worrying about the shelves being empty and doesn't require a confirmation call first. Unless I'm in the area anyway an online inventory status of 1 or 2 necessitates a call first where I ask the clerk to put their eyes on the product before I'll go for a drive. An inventory of seven I wouldn't think twice about not calling first. Until now that is. If I was purchasing online I don't really care either way.

I don't understand why people need to get defensive and protect a sponsor that doesn't need protection... They sponsor this forum so they can interact with customers. WWW is a great store and I bet they can take some constructive criticism...

I would expect any internet business having the courage to list stock number do it properly... If they don't have the resources to maintain an electronic stock management system, maybe they should stop publishing stock numbers... I would give a call if stock is showing 1 or 2 items, but if it shows 7 I expect there would be at least couple items available in stock.

What I don't like with the initial post is that he quoted the worker that may put her in trouble, even lose her job... It doesn't worth getting somebody fired over this...!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    You guys crack me up...WTH is the point of putting stock levels on the website if they don’t mean anything....

Lots of quality retailers out there...Some stores need to up their game.
    +1 on this, and it goes for every online retailer - if you are going to have online presence, make sure its accurate
    with that said Wild West has been good to me on the couple orders i did make, and very fast to answer emails

Last edited by 6MT; 04-09-2019 at 05:08 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    I don't understand why people need to get defensive and protect a sponsor that doesn't need protection... They sponsor this forum so they can interact with customers. WWW is a great store and I bet they can take some constructive criticism...

I would expect any internet business having the courage to list stock number do it properly... If they don't have the resources to maintain an electronic stock management system, maybe they should stop publishing stock numbers... I would give a call if stock is showing 1 or 2 items, but if it shows 7 I expect there would be at least couple items available in stock.

What I don't like with the initial post is that he quoted the worker that may put her in trouble, even lose her job... It doesn't worth getting somebody fired over this...!

Sounded like it wasn't the first time the mysterious HE inflated the stock numbers!
    Il messanger non è importante

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast