Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ....

Yup. I categorize this under customer service (or lack thereof). If you can't keep your online inventory up to date and accurate then don't bother putting up a website.

I have had this happen before in the past and I was probably just as angry as you are! Waste of time and gas is always a good way to put someone in a bad mood!
    CSSA Member!

If the website said 7 in stock I would trust that. If it said 1 or 2 I would call and have the check before driving. But with 7 I would expect them to have a few in stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    They are probably listed as in stock because that is how many they have been allotted for this shipment that is due in the immediate future. One thing I have learned is a lot of retailers often show item in stock when they are only a few days out so they may get a jump on marketing, paper work, transfers, and can be ready to ship when the picmstols land. Makes them more competitive and efficient in this high competition market where other retailers closer to the distributor often have theres the next day.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

In this day on-line retailers (which is almost everyone) have to treat their on-line information very seriously, and be held to account for failure to do so. Sure, ways are available to counteract errors or negligence or deliberate deception, but this should not be an expected part of the process. The lesson unfortunately is that they probably still are. I always expect actual inventory count not to agree whith on-line stock count, but to show seven when none are actually there seems to be way offside.

Quote Originally Posted by yz295 View Post
    If the website said 7 in stock I would trust that. If it said 1 or 2 I would call and have the check before driving. But with 7 I would expect them to have a few in stock.
    +1, That's the way I go about it.

One thing could be their online stock is kept elsewhere. They may have 7 in stock but in a warehouse across town and not actually in the store. Not every online store is located in the same place as their brick and mortar store front.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I learned a long time ago that the world is not perfect, and a phone call can often save lots of aggravation.

I know it’s not the way we want things to be, it’s just the way things sometimes are.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Call before you drive...every time
    Ask them to physically identify them, every time

Another customer could have just bought the entire inventory of what you wanted but the website still says available

I’ve been down that road and I know where it goes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Never had an issue with Amazon qty in stock, and they have a gazillion items.

Dont see why a small company should have issues
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast